No announcement yet.

Covert Camera DIY External Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have ordered the same solar panel and charge controller to do the same set up hope the one you guys are using are working still.

Comment

I'd like to hear updates as well. Wanting to do this for my Spartans

Comment

Mine has been running with a full battery untouched for over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
          Mine has been running with a full battery untouched for over a year.
          Awesome...great to hear. I'm going to do one this year. Should the Stealth Cam Battery Kit work with an added Covert Converter, Solar Panel, and maybe the charge controller?

Comment

Stealth Cam Battery Kit... I got it free so wanting to try it.
            Attached Files

Comment

I went through this external set-up thing, with my covert cellulars a few years ago... I started using the solar panel set up first, but ended up getting a cheap car battery from Wally world, put it in a 5 gallon bucket with lid, ran an external 12v to 6v reducer cord from battery to camera and they rock along all season. I charge the battery after season and do it all over again.. just thought I'd share

Comment

Here's my setup, been going strong since May of last year. 2-12v 15ah batteries and a 5watt solar panel.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                  Here's my setup, been going strong since May of last year. 2-12v 15ah batteries and a 5watt solar panel.
                  Nice...do y'all keep regular batteries in the camera as well? Do you have the converter (12v to 6v) in there also?

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                    Nice...do y'all keep regular batteries in the camera as well? Do you have the converter (12v to 6v) in there also?
                    I keep regular batteries in camera just in case external battery becomes unplugged. Also have the 12v-6v reducer. I've been running with real-time on which is a big battery hog and it has been able to keep up.

Comment

Working...
                    X