MLDP Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLDP Registration

So apparently the new website to apply for the 2 different options of MLDP is supposed to launch on July 1st now. In the past we have been enrolled in LAMPS but I'm really excited to hopefully be able to hunt OCT-FEB even if we only get a few tags. What are yalls thoughts?

We were doing lamps also so I'm interested to see what program will be best to replace it

Comment

I guess I should check it out as there was 3 options of MLD before. I hunt one property that is MLD 1 and two that are MLD 3 so I wonder if something will change this year.

Comment

What I have been told is that if you own less than a couple of hundred acres your chances of getting doe permits are slim under the harvest option.

Comment

Harvest Option or Conservation Option

The way our biologist explained it to us is that not only acreage but location in the state as well will all be factored in to "the formula" that TPWD came up with. Regardless of what "the formula" spits out for your certain property, you can accept and claim the tags they issue you, or reject and follow county reg.

Unsure but I want to say that if choosing the Harvest Option and not satisfied with the quantity of tags issued, you can request more.

Comment

If your only getting "a few tags" why do you need MLD ? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              If your only getting "a few tags" why do you need MLD ? Just curious.
              One reason is the extra hunting days and, I hope, because I haven't seen all the regs yet, the ability to take a mature buck that doesn't meet AR. We had a buck a couple years ago that was obviously mature that couldn't be shot because of AR. I even sent a trail cam pic to the GW and it was a no-go. The only downside to AR in my opinion.

Another reason, if your land is on the tax rolls as wildlife management, it bolsters your position. Again, my opinion.

I'm gonna go with the Harvest Option on both my places and see what they recommend. If I don't like it, I'll opt out.

Comment

Here is the link to the tag estimator.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Did the tag estimator in Bee county and it says for 1000 acres we can kill 1 any buck and three antlerless. No way I'm going that direction !

Comment

Harrison County. 348 acres. 2 doe and 0 bucks. No way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I did our place in Runnels county and it gave me 5 buck and 10 doe...

Comment

That tag estimator map is about the dumbest thing I've seen. How are you supposed to map out your place with a roadmap ? Unless I'm missing something I can only know where my places are, I sure as hell can't draw the boundaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            That tag estimator map is about the dumbest thing I've seen. How are you supposed to map out your place with a roadmap ? Unless I'm missing something I can only know where my places are, I sure as hell can't draw the boundaries.
                            there is a satellite tab on the bottom left of the map/

Comment

That estimator is for the harvest option The conservation option is supposed to give you more tags.

Comment

Working...
                              X