Age please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Can yall tell me what you are looking at to determine that he is at least 5?

2 and 3 year olds are pretty easy but I get lost after that.

Comment

5.5 minimum...SHOOT

Comment

And for the jaw pictures. Im being told 3.5 based on the teeth. Does that look right? I'll go back and find the deer pics to post back up.

Comment

Just like the deer I shot last season. I thought he was 4.5-5.5 and the jaw looks younger than yours. Same county

Comment

not having a chart to compare to, but based on what i remember of it, yes that looks like the younger deer teeth, so around 3.5 +/-.

They can fool you...and a lot of us!

Comment

Pics from season. This is my first year trying to actually age deer. Thought I had it figured out but this is kinda a set back. Hate that we killed him now beings he had a broken main and a broken tine. Big healthy deer. Maybe he was 4.5?

Comment

I have had this occur in Milan county as well. Maybe they just trick me. This buck for example showed tooth age of only 3.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6 1/2

Comment

I cannot see the original pics. But the teeth show a textbook example of 4.5. Looking at the trail cam pics and harvest photos, I would say 4.5-5.5. Nice buck, congrats!

Comment

Looks 4.5 to me,deer and teeth

Comment

Working...
                        X