Lake Murray or Ray Roberts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Murray or Ray Roberts?

I am looking at taking the family camping during spring break. Looking at either Lake Murray or Ray Roberts...

Can anyone speak of either? We are looking for more of a primitive style trip that doesn't feel like camping in an open field or a parking lot. Thanks!

Originally posted by TxAgHntr View Post
    I am looking at taking the family camping during spring break. Looking at either Lake Murray or Ray Roberts...

Can anyone speak of either? We are looking for more of a primitive style trip that doesn't feel like camping in an open field or a parking lot. Thanks!
    I spend a ton of time at murray. IMO, its the best lake anywhere near north texas. Very clear, great smallmouth fishing, and great family lake.

Comment

Murray

Comment

Good fishing at Ray Roberts, never camped but did see wild turkey's at boat ramp once

Comment

How is the camping at Murray? Can I find a primitive type option or is everything very commercial feeling? Which camps should I look into at Murray? Thanks folks!

Comment

murray

haven't been in years, but on the southwestern point of the lake is primitive camping.

its called ski jump...

last time i was there, 13 years ago, it was still dirt roads, primitive crapper, no running water or electricity...

they still come by and collect camping money thou

Comment

A lot of the camping areas on Ray Roberts were still closed from the high water not long ago. I know it took a long time for them to get everything opened after the summer flood and then we got another in the fall. The dang zebra mussels attach to everything they can and they have to be cleaned up before they open.

Comment

How does a person go about booking an RV site at Lake Murray? Their website offers no help.

Comment

Ray Roberts redone all roads and camp spots

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTex View Post
                    How does a person go about booking an RV site at Lake Murray? Their website offers no help.
                    Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department's comprehensive site containing travel information, attractions, lodging, dining, and events.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTex View Post
                      There first come first serve and do not offer reservations

Comment

We used to camp at Marrietta landing at Murray. It's an rv site, but we always parked the truck on the pad and pitched a tent. It's nice to have electricity, and water. Also has a bathroom and showers for the wife.

Comment

I think I prefer Ray Roberts. I seem to get into better fishing there. There are some very primitive camping areas at Isle Du Bois. You even have to pack into some of them.

Comment

Murry.....
                            Been there many,many,times....
                            Get a license, to fish......

Comment

Are you bringing a boat or have four wheelers or dirt bikes? Ray Roberts is in my backyard and I've been to Murray a lot riding four wheelers. I haven't been in awhile but I think lake Murray is a more laid back feel and a slower pace giving it more of a camping feel! Won't be disappointed with either

Comment

Working...
                              X