Who thinks the same way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who thinks the same way?

Ok, so I am 50 plus years old and I have mixed feelings about this. When you see someone who is in their late 20's early 30's and you are talking to them and they answer everything with a yes sir or no sir, does it bother you? I know, I know they have a good upbringing and they are being respectful, but really!! This makes me feel so old. I know, I do it myself when talking to a person older than myself, but to have it done to you is hard to take.

Typing this reminds me that I should be happy I have made it this far, but I still feel and act like I can keep up.

Anyone else of the old-timers feel the same way?

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
    Ok, so I am 50 plus years old and I have mixed feelings about this. When you see someone who is in their late 20's early 30's and you are talking to them and they answer everything with a yes sir or no sir, does it bother you? I know, I know they have a good upbringing and they are being respectful, but really!! This makes me feel so old. I know, I do it myself when talking to a person older than myself, but to have it done to you is hard to take.

Typing this reminds me that I should be happy I have made it this far, but I still feel and act like I can keep up.

No, sir

Comment

That's how I speak with everyone young or old. Don't phase me at all.

Comment

That's better than
        Yeah dude
        Or no dude

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post

Upset about them being respectful? I’m 47 and I said yes sir to my waiter this evening...

Comment

25 here and it bugs me when kids start using yes sir when talking to me. Guess it is a good thing but still bugs me. But I usually use yes ma'am/sir and no ma'am/sir most of the time when addressing people so guess I am part of the problem

Comment

I am one of those 30 somethings that do this. But I don't only do it towards my elders. I even do it with my 14 year old son. It's more of a sign of respect to me.

Comment

No sir....I appreciate they have been raised right.

Now when my buddies just a few years younger than me do it, I might look real hard over my trifocal glasses at them and give em the stank eye.......

Comment

No Sir, do not think of it the way you do.

Comment

Im "only" 42 but it doesnt bother me. Doesnt happen very often though....I generally say it myself even if they are younger than me, particularly if I dont know them well. Apparently the better I know people the less respect I have for them haha

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      That's how I speak with everyone young or old. Don't phase me at all.
                      Myself as well. It is nice to see younguns saying yes sir, no sir...instead of ...No problem.

Comment

At 34, I don't like hearing it unless it's from my students. But I'd definitely use it with someone over 50, unless I knew them well.

Comment

I am 32, and appreciate it no matter what age . Teaching my boy the same thing and girl when she can talk. We should all embrace it and positively promote it in my opinion. Not near enough respect being taught in this world and we promote it anytime we see it

Comment

At 30, It still catches me off guard, but at the same time makes me smile on the inside. Its good to see younger kids being raised to respect others (as I was), and it tells me alot about their upbringing and their maturity. I have hired more than one young professional out of college with this trait being the tiebreaker.

Comment

Yes sir, No sir, please and thank you.. All of the time, regardless of age

Comment

Working...
                              X