Strange Sit This AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Sit This AM

Got in the stand normally, got all situated and waiting for the feeder and sun. Then between feeder time and shooting light I started feeling light-headed, vision got goofy, sweating like a pig. This is in a 15' tall tripod too. So, I very cautiously lowered my bow, gathered my stuff and got down. I was feeling better about half-way down the ladder and near normal when I got both feet on the ground. By the time I was half-way to the truck, all normal, but I came on home anyway.

First time that has ever happened to me--

Worst part is that it was my last opportunity to shoot another doe---now the bucks are targeted.

Get a check up...quick

Comment

Any chance you're a heavy drinker?

Comment

Blood sugar maybe? Or possible just over exerted yourself without eating?

I had an episode heat related before bow opener. I was hanging a loc on by myself wearing a harness and linemans belt. Pulling up the platform, i got real weak and queasy. It was nearly 100 degrees outside. Next thing i remember, im hanging from the harness and the stand went all the way to the ground.
        Wife says it was heat exhaustion. I could barely talk.freaky feeling to be alone in the woods and not feeling like your normal self.

Glad nothing was serious and you made it home.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          Got in the stand normally, got all situated and waiting for the feeder and sun. Then between feeder time and shooting light I started feeling light-headed, vision got goofy, sweating like a pig. This is in a 15' tall tripod too. So, I very cautiously lowered my bow, gathered my stuff and got down. I was feeling better about half-way down the ladder and near normal when I got both feet on the ground. By the time I was half-way to the truck, all normal, but I came on home anyway.

Worst part is that it was my last opportunity to shoot another doe---now the bucks are targeted.
          Not signs and symptoms to take lightly

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Get a check up...quick
            This.

Comment

Should NOT put it off! Have someone drive you to ER as soon as possible and get checked out. They can do blood work and tell what's going on. Don't pass this off as being insignifigant since you feel better now.

Comment

My buddy felt the same way last year in a 15' ladder stand but didn't get down, woke up on the ground about 30 minutes later. He had a huge bruise on his leg, guess he fell on something. He went to the Doctor and he had high blood pressure, not sure why that would make you pass out. I asked my buddy why he didn't have his safety harness on cause he always where's one, he said I didn't think I needed it in a 15' ladder stand

You did the right thing by getting down.

Comment

Sounds like low blood sugar. Regardless, get it checked, next time it may be worse.

Comment

That's what I feel like when my blood sugar gets low.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post

Very interesting. I had the exact thing happen to me several years back, sitting in a tree stand, and yes it was scary.

When it happened I had the exact same symptoms. Sweating, back discomfort, and I lost my vision for 2-3 minutes. My vision slowly started to return, and I remember having this euphoric feeling, extremely relaxed.

I did make an appointment with my doctor, ran several tests, had all kinds of blood work done and found nothing. As a joke to my wife, in my follow up at the end of all the blood work and tests my doctor wrote me a prescription to hunt more often.

Comment

When the firemen and EMTs on this board start telling you to get a checkup, you oughtta listen.

Comment

Hope you had your HSS on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Sounds like low blood sugar. Regardless, get it checked, next time it may be worse.
                            Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            That's what I feel like when my blood sugar gets low.
                            That's the thought I had, but a trip to the doc couldn't hurt.

Comment

another vote for low blood sugar, ive had the excact same symptoms happen quite alot...i can drink a soda or eat a high sugar snack and feel way better in just a few minites...always keep a snickers bar in my pack just for that reason

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X