Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

My 42 year Buger King boycott.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 42 year Buger King boycott.

Y'all wanted to hear it, so here ya go.

Step back in time to 1975. I was a 17yr old HS senior. My main squeeze at the time, Susan, worked at the Burger King in Plano. I asked her to the senior prom and the next day she told me she had to work. So here I go, straight up to Burger King. I explained to the manager that it was Susan's one and only senior prom and asked why he couldn't get someone to cover for her. Well he got all puffed up and told me that he didn't care and that a punk like me wasn't going to tell him what to do. I tried to get Susan to quit, but she wouldn't. I left with my head down and couldn't believe the guy was such a jerk.
    Now several hours and too many beers later, I head back to Burger King. The manager got straight into my face before I could even say anything. It got to a point where he called me a dumass punk and over the counter I went.
    After 2 days in jail, I went before the judge. Luckily it was a female judge. After all was said and done, she dropped the charges against me and told the manager the police should have let me have him. She was as mad about it as anyone.
    Now 42 years later I still have not set foot into nor eaten a **** thing from Burger King. They can kiss my ***!

You showed em.

Comment

So did ya get the girl?

Comment

LOL...love it

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
          So did ya get the girl?
          We dated for a couple of years until she went off to college. We missed the prom, but all of our friends threw us a party out at the Lucas arena.

Comment

beautiful story...made me smile

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
              Where is "Susan" now?
              We lost contact after she went off to college. Saw her at our 20 year reunion and she was married and living a good life.

Comment

What's a "BUGER King??

Comment

Susan just posted on VictimsOfTexas.com:

"I haven't stepped foot in a Burger King since 1975. I was minding my own business, working hard, saving up for college. This stalker guy came in and my boyfriend ran him off. A few hours later the psycho came back, jumped the counter, and attacked my boyfriend. He went to jail but the judge went easy on him because the stalker psycho told her that he knew where she lived.

Every time I see a Burger King I suffer from flashbacks, uncontrollable shakes, and violent diarrhea. I've spent my life campaigning for stronger sentences for stalkers and free Immodium AD for women who suffer from PTSD.

3rd Reply on the 2nd page:

Originally posted by PlanoBabe123 View Post
                  Susan, did this happen in Plano? I remember this making the news when I was in Jr. high. That guy was stalking all of the women. Glad he's gone.
                  Last edited by Chew; 02-08-2017, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Other than Susan, you really haven't missed much!

Comment

Dingus

Comment

I know it seems petty to most folks, but when your in HS it's a big deal. A big enough deal to stick with me for 42 years.

Comment

What a man will do for love

To Chew....... You ain't right brother but funny as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post

To Chew....... You ain't right brother but funny as hell
                            This!

Comment

I applaud you and in an an effort to support your valiant quest I will also boycott them from here on out. Well done sir.

-john

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              Y'all wanted to hear it, so here ya go.

Step back in time to 1975. I was a 17yr old HS senior. My main squeeze at the time, Susan, worked at the Burger King in Plano. I asked her to the senior prom and the next day she told me she had to work. So here I go, straight up to Burger King. I explained to the manager that it was Susan's one and only senior prom and asked why he couldn't get someone to cover for her. Well he got all puffed up and told me that he didn't care and that a punk like me wasn't going to tell him what to do. I tried to get Susan to quit, but she wouldn't. I left with my head down and couldn't believe the guy was such a jerk.
                              Now several hours and too many beers later, I head back to Burger King. The manager got straight into my face before I could even say anything. It got to a point where he called me a dumass punk and over the counter I went.
                              After 2 days in jail, I went before the judge. Luckily it was a female judge. After all was said and done, she dropped the charges against me and told the manager the police should have let me have him. She was as mad about it as anyone.
                              Now 42 years later I still have not set foot into nor eaten a **** thing from Burger King. They can kiss my ***!

Comment

Working...
                              X