Attaching Light To Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching Light To Bow

I know there was a thread on here about mounting a light to a recurve, but now I can't find it. Specifically, how to attach a light to a bow with no holes in it. I've already got a light just trying to get ideas on how to rig it up for hog hunting at night this spring and summer.

Buy one with a hole in it.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
      LOL!! Don't temp me. You know I have a bow buying addiction already.

Comment

Do you have some electrical tape? Just rape it to the back side of the riser.

Gary

Comment

I've used electrical tape in the past. It's crude, but so am I.

Comment

I guess that'd work. I was just thinking somebody had posted some sort of bracket they bought that attached with clamps, or something similar. I'm not opposed to electrical tape though!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
              I did just that. Traded a Shrew for a Hoyt Buffalo just so i could mount one of those Elusive Wildlife Technologies kill lights to it.

Comment

I take it there is not a threaded hole for a rest or for a quiver either?

Gary

Comment

Not on my new bow. I didn't want any insert holes in it.

Comment

I prefer to have a light mounted to a feeder. A little movement from a bow mounted light makes shadows move and hogs don't like that very much! Although it is handy when they won't commit to a feeder. So I guess I ain't no dang help! Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                      I prefer to have a light mounted to a feeder. A little movement from a bow mounted light makes shadows move and hogs don't like that very much! Although it is handy when they won't commit to a feeder. So I guess I ain't no dang help! Sorry
                      Actually a feeder light may not be a bad idea...what kind do you use?

Comment

I've had an elusive wildlife kill light for about 6-7 years. Killed close to 100 hogs under that one light. Still going strong. Only problem I've had was I left it out overnight and a big boar rubbed the leg on my feeder and nocked it on the ground and I got a pic of him stepping on it. Now the dawn-dusk photocell won't work. So I just turn it on before I hang it

Comment

If you have a 3pc takedown bow (I know yours is in the mail) you can easily make a bracket that mounts under the bolt. I have one on my bow that I made and can put a light or string tracker or anything that would screw into a stabilizer hole on my bow! Don't have a pic handy, but I'll try to remember to post it up when I can get to it!

Bisch

Comment

I may look into that instead...I'll always be hunting a feeder at night anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Attaching Light To Bow

Found a pic. This is with a hog light mounted:

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X