IBO Mid America Regional Trad Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBO Mid America Regional Trad Shoot

The IBO Mid America Regional Trad shoot will be hosted this year by the Austin Archery Club. The dates are April 25th and 26th. Any shooter is welcome. Fees are very affordable. Format has been changed to allow shooting in both recurvre and longbow. I will have Shana post the format overview so everyone can see it. We hope everyone will come out and participate. Feel free to call me at 512 940 3098 and I will answer any qestions I can

This shoot is being held in lieu of the annual Texas Traditional Championship

Thanks folks
    Bob Sarrels
    Sarrels Archery

I will be there cant wait for it to get here.

Comment

With a tbot at hill country on the 25th, that's gonna be a good weekend! I can't wait!

Comment

There wont be a tbot shoot Jon. Its being reschedualed

Comment

I think Bob would like to see how well this shoot's going to be supported. Post up if you plan on attending. Or get "the call"! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
            I think Bob would like to see how well this shoot's going to be supported. Post up if you plan on attending. Or get "the call"! Lol.
            I'll be there!!!

Bisch

Comment

I wish I could be there.
              I support it 100%, but had other plans for that weekend that can't be changed.

Rick

Comment

I will seriously try to make it ,but that depends on my work load been pretty swamped lately.

Comment

Thanks for the info Bob I'll be there if at all possible

Comment

The Horn brothers will be there.
                    Rusty

Comment

going to try to make it

Comment

With the Hill Country shoot in Vanderpool a couple weeks before, and state longbow just a few weeks after, I think I would be pressing my luck a little to hard crossing the border that many times in such a short period! Still riding on if I'm gonna make it down or not.

Comment

The Mid-America Traditional Championships in Austin will be the test site of a new format for IBO traditional tournaments. Here it is: Two Championship Courses of 30 targets each and a Bowhunter Challenge Course with 20 targets. Course A (30 targets) is shot with Recurve, Recurve Unaided, and Vintage Hunter. Course B (30 targets) is shot with Longbow, Modern Longbow, and Primitive bows. Cubs & Eagles shoot from the red stake on either course with a parent or guardian. Youth shoot course A. The Bowhunter Challenge Course will open Friday @ Noon and cost $15 for first round. (First round scorecard to determine award placing) Then $10 each additional round on Bowhunter Challenge course. (Scorecard to increase odds of qualifying for shoot down) You may shoot the Bowhunter Challenge Course as many times as you like with as many bows as you like. The scorecards for Bowhunter Challenge must be in by 11:00 Sunday. The top 10 scores Men & Women, of the bowhunter challenge course will be shooting in a shoot down with the bow they qualified with on Sunday @ 1130 (while IBO scorecards are being tabulated.) You may begin shooting the IBO courses on Sat @ 800am. You can bring two bows that must be shot on different ranges to maintain the integrity of the shoot. For instance, Saturday at 8:00am archer can pick up their recurve, recurve unaided, or vintage hunter bow, and shoot 30 targets on course A (cost $35.00). When finished, archer can then pick up their primitive, longbow, or modern longbow, and shoot 30 targets on course B (cost $20). IBO Scorecards must be in Saturday evening by 5:30pm. You will then be required to chose the bow you will shoot on Sunday by initialing your score at the IBO table. You can only shoot one bow on Sunday for the finals, so chose the bow you either like the best, shoot the best, or have the best chance to place in the awards. Everyone will be placed in peer groups @ 8:00am Sunday and shoot 30 targets @ 8:30 shotgun start. As a special fun event, we will have the Women's Team Event on Saturday at 5:45pm. The women (who want to) are captains of their team. Each woman captain will chose from a hat, 3 men archers to make up their team. If you haven't participated in this before, it is a lot of laughs, fun, and good competition.
                          Awards for IBO & Bowhunter Challenge are 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each class. Cash award for Bowhunter Shoot down Men and Women 1st and 2nd. Cash award for Women Team Captain Fun Event 1st and 2nd place teams.
                          Austin Archery Club has one of the best courses in TX, and they are excited to offer the IBO a great venue to promote archery. Any questions call Shana 409-454-2154 or Bob! Get your bows ready!!! Let's shoot!
                          Sent from my iPad

Comment

[ATTACH]702425[/ATTACH]

Comment

Love the logo, sorry I have to miss it this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X