Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How's your hunting season going so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's your hunting season going so far?

See anything? Kill anything? Miss anything?

I've only been once this year and didn't see anything due to the anti hunter next to us. He found out 3years ago the we hunt and ever since then he shoots his guns starting from sun up to sun down on opening weekend!!! He probably shot 2000 rounds in a 4 hour period in the evening. Trying to bow hunt with 308s going off the whole time behind you is about as effective as a T-Rex trying to spank it!!! I'm gonna give it another try this weekend and see what happens. He does it again and me and some buddies are gonna do some night shooting starting at about 1am!!!

I've been about 5 times. Haven't seen a deer yet. Got to love NE TX

Comment

Haven't been able to pull my bow back yet, and won't use a cross bow. I will be using a smoke pole this year.

Comment

Tell me more of this T-Rex?
        I wouldnt stoop to his level. You be the one that does the right thing.
        If its legal what he is doing you dont have a leg to stand on. Maybe try to
        talk to him first. Shooting 2,000 rounds in 4 hours seems a bit much and for sure would be expensive. Hope things change for the better for you!
        Good luck

Comment

Only missed one hunt so far. Made a bad shot on an 8pt. Arrow didn't pass through and came out a few yards from the feeder. We tracked his hoof marks for a couple hundred yards not a spec of blood to be found. Looked for hours. Beat myself up pretty bad about it too.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
            I've been about 5 times. Haven't seen a deer yet. Got to love NE TX
            x2

Comment

Made a few hunts. Seen a couple decent bucks nothing special, does. No shot opportunities. Shot a big 200 lbs sow, had a coyote at 35 yards and he was a few steps from death.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter_pepper View Post
                See anything? Kill anything? Miss anything?

I've only been once this year and didn't see anything due to the anti hunter next to us. He found out 3years ago the we hunt and ever since then he shoots his guns starting from sun up to sun down on opening weekend!!! He probably shot 2000 rounds in a 4 hour period in the evening. Trying to bow hunt with 308s going off the whole time behind you is about as effective as a T-Rex trying to spank it!!! I'm gonna give it another try this weekend and see what happens. He does it again and me and some buddies are gonna do some night shooting starting at about 1am!!!
                Look up the hunter harassment laws for here in Texas might call the game warden on him for it.

Comment

Nothing for me yet.

Comment

That guy is sure dedicated to invest 2000 rounds to save a couple deer. What does that come out to- $800-$1000 worth of ammo, at least?

Comment

So far it's been a roller coaster ride seen my big buck then missed my big buck. He has came out durning the day a couple times since but it's always when I am working. Then went missing for 4 nights to have him show back up last night.

Comment

Originally posted by kornsqueezer View Post
                        Haven't been able to pull my bow back yet, and won't use a cross bow. I will be using a smoke pole this year.
                        You won't use a crossbow but you'll use a gun? Might as well get out there and shoot something with the xbow.

I've only been one weekend and saw 3 deer the entire weekend. I'm not planning on going back until the 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                          That guy is sure dedicated to invest 2000 rounds to save a couple deer. What does that come out to- $800-$1000 worth of ammo, at least?
                          my thoughts exactly. very odd

Comment

lots of does....These 2 bucks have been coming in during the day.
                            Just not when I am there. this video taken at
                            high noon.

Comment

I've set half a dozen times and nothing has come to corn, just too durn green at my places right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X