• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant my truck is tan.

Comment

Oh, nope. I honked at a guy next to a yoda

Comment

Good report Rem. It's cool that you found some rubs. I've not seen any yet, but this cool front should bring some on soon. I know my neck is starting to swell! ha, ha.

Now you know why I hunt in 8 year old LaCrosse rubber boots.

Sorry you couldn't cross the creek. The curiosity must be killing you by now.

Happy to hear there's rain up there. That's what I needed to hear. The waterhole I'm planning to hunt is just about to dry up and needs a little refresher to keep it going through October.

Comment

I'll be there in the morning. Get the last things cleaned up.

Comment

Yeah I do know why. I was soaked from the waist down pretty much all day. I'm getting boots this week so I don't have to do that again.

It's pretty irritating but you can't control nature. What about a zip line or a rope bridge? That would solve that problem real quick. I won't be able to get back out there until opening morning. If the rain ever stops and the water goes down I'll go check it out over there.

Comment

Rem, that is why that area I took you to is a hidden gem IMO. As soon as you think "I've got it" the creek takes it away from you.

If there is a bruiser cruising out there anywhere, that would have to be the place. I'm pretty sure of that.

Lucky for me I'm a trophy doe hunter. ha, ha. Saves me a lot of frustration. But I'm as curious as you are as to what's back there.

Comment

I'm betting I can figure another way to get there.

HAHA! I'd consider anything that meets AR a bruiser out there. I'm not particularly concerned with getting a huge buck. I just want some meat in the freezer which would mean I did something right to get one on the ground.

Good luck Duckthwacker. There's tons of standing water everywhere

Comment

I don't expect that water to stand for long. When I was there, the cracks in the ground went down 4' in places. That's a lot of soil to saturate before the water stands for good. This will soak in by next weekend IMO.

Comment

Maybe not. I really wish they would do a burn on that place. It would have been great if they did it a month ago so the brush would clear out some. All this rain now would have lots of fresh green groceries popping out come opening day. Oh well, guess we have to work with what we got.

I've always wondered why there are public hunting lands like Somerville WMA that are owned my COE in other places and not Houston. Obviously they have all this stuff figured out as far as boundary maps on paper and digital. I wish they would turn the addicks and barker reservoirs into PH land for archery only as well. I mean it's only 26,000 acres. lol

I've done lots of work in these areas over the past ten years and I pretty much see wildlife every time.

Comment

Still looking for a little info if you guys don't mind. I know that y'all have secret spots and other things, that's not what I'm after. Unless you wanna share ;-). Just a little bit more about the area besides what the sat view shows. For example is there a check in area? I haven't seen anything. Where is a good area to start?

Comment

What info are you exactly looking for? There's no check in stations for checking deer that I know of if that's what you mean. However there are registration stations where you will need to fill out half the form before you enter and drop it in the box then fill out the other half when you leave. I don't think anybody is trying to be rude by not telling you where to hunt. I think each person puts in the time and work to find good areas and trees to hunt and they have some back up spots just in case. Do you have google earth and did you download the KML file from TPWD website that shows the boundary lines?

Comment

I have looked at the boundary lines from the TPWD website, and also studied the sat pics on google maps. Thing is I unfortunately don't have much time to spend down there. I will be close doing a job and only get a few days down there.

I wasn't trying to imply that anyone was being rude. I know that some people have there hidden spots and that doesn't bother me.

Thanks for the info about the check in station. So those on the map, but wasn't sure if you had to check it in.

Comment

PM sent Bubbaski

Comment

Been out there before drove my truck thru door deep water to get down the road. Walker thru hip deep water to get to my stand. The cool thing is that the deer just walk right thru the deep stuff like it wasn't there....... Be hard to blood trail one thru the water tho. Anyways the water dropped all the way down to a just few inches by the time I walked out. The water moves thru there quick. But that is why that land is there to hunt anyways.... It's a flood plane.

Comment

Duck, I think I know which day you did that. I just went home. That water would have been window deep on my Tacoma. ha, ha.

Bubbaski, none of us have secret spots. You can see all of them on Google Earth these days. ha, ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X