just a vent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a vent.

boots. steel toe. hard to wear sometimes due to unforgiving front. true. about 9 weeks ago I needed to get a pair for a job. ok, was in a hurry, my fault. only looked at one side, tried the other. tight but thought it would work out. the first 1 hour on the job it was clear a mistake was in the Wolverine's that was 79.00 at Academy. the left was 1/2 shorter than the right. the upper calf was shaped like a hour glass and rubbed the bare skin. the right had 4 places the overlapped on the insole or side wall. took them back. well. they don't take back boots that are used, with mud and dirt. fired off a email to Wolverine's HQ. she told me to send them back. pre paid. by them. fine. they don't price match. the nearest price from factory was 104.00 same boot.
    now I had to go back to Academy, with a gift card that they don't take. to fit a new pair, order on line. the nearest replacement was 59.00 plus shipping. well, they are not going to get 18.00 of mine. they did not replace the tax both ways either. and I had to pay shipping on the new ones.
    I ended up with a set of steel toe shoes, not boots.
    bottom line. walk in the boots for some time before you drop the cash for them.

Oh. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wolverine steel toes suck

Comment

That was more of a rant.

This is just a vent....
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          That was more of a rant.

This is just a vent....
          yes. not happy about the loss of 17.64 and the hassle of shipping things on my time. not getting what I wanted. it was the boots were 1/2 inch different in total length.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
            boots. steel toe. hard to wear sometimes due to unforgiving front. true. about 9 weeks ago I needed to get a pair for a job. ok, was in a hurry, my fault. only looked at one side, tried the other. tight but thought it would work out. the first 1 hour on the job it was clear a mistake was in the Wolverine's that was 79.00 at Academy. the left was 1/2 shorter than the right. the upper calf was shaped like a hour glass and rubbed the bare skin. the right had 4 places the overlapped on the insole or side wall. took them back. well. they don't take back boots that are used, with mud and dirt. fired off a email to Wolverine's HQ. she told me to send them back. pre paid. by them. fine. they don't price match. the nearest price from factory was 104.00 same boot.
            now I had to go back to Academy, with a gift card that they don't take. to fit a new pair, order on line. the nearest replacement was 59.00 plus shipping. well, they are not going to get 18.00 of mine. they did not replace the tax both ways either. and I had to pay shipping on the new ones.
            I ended up with a set of steel toe shoes, not boots.
            bottom line. walk in the boots for some time before you drop the cash for them.
            Yep. I am a bit of a cheapskate but try to buy good boots. And I will wear them a bit around ( inside ) the house just to make sure they will work for me before wearing them for real. Sucks being stuck all day wearing boots that are rubbing you raw etc

Comment

Only work boots I wear is Red Wing.

Comment

Up in North Dakota I learned real quick not to buy cheap work boots. The Justins I have now were in the upper $200 range and they are some of the best boots I've ever owned.

Richard.

Comment

I wear steel toe's on average 12 hrs a day. I have tried wolverine, red wing, hy-test, and so on. The best and most comfortable in my opinion is twisted x.

Comment

Worn steel toe boots for 20 years. My go to boot for the past 7 years have been Rocky Mobilite. Square toe, light weight, water proof, etc. About $130. Don't know what it is about Red Wing but they just don't agree with my feet. My new job has a deal with the Red Wing store so I have to pay for my boots myself.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                      Only work boots I wear is Red Wing.
                      Yep go to the red wing store too they always took care of me when I needed work boots to make my living.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        I wear steel toe's on average 12 hrs a day. I have tried wolverine, red wing, hy-test, and so on. The best and most comfortable in my opinion is twisted x.
                        I've tried quite a few, and I thought my Twisted X were very comfortable. Only problem I had with them was the heel wore out in about 8 months. I'm on my third set of Double H 3567s and have had great luck all the way around with them. They're about $230 out the door, but are worth every penny if you want a boot that is comfortable and will last.

Comment

my head. hurts more , than your feet did. from trying to read that?

Jk, A good pair of boots makes a big difference. I have found I like ariats for everyday work boots.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                            I've tried quite a few, and I thought my Twisted X were very comfortable. Only problem I had with them was the heel wore out in about 8 months. I'm on my third set of Double H 3567s and have had great luck all the way around with them. They're about $230 out the door, but are worth every penny if you want a boot that is comfortable and will last.
                            I had the same problem with my twisted X boots. Also had to go st least one size smaller than I normally wear.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
                              yes. not happy about the loss of 17.64 and the hassle of shipping things on my time. not getting what I wanted. it was the boots were 1/2 inch different in total length.
                              Yes, but had you tried on both boots first, none of that would have happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X