No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the ACE land/project. Best to call and talk with the Project manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Depends on the ACE land/project. Best to call and talk with the Project manager.
      Thanks..I was just talking about Whitney/Aquilla area.

Comment

Merry Christmas Yall!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Merry Christmas Yall!
          Same to you mike, have a good one.

Comment

Merry Christmas Mike!
            Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

Merry Christmas to you all.

I'm getting one more last chance at the W. My wife and I did our Christmas with our boy yesterday, and we just wrapped up Christmas with her family, so she let me off the hook this afternoon. I'm heading down now for one more shot at a W buck.

Comment

Yeah, I'll be heading down there very soon and will be camping next couple days.

Comment

So far, from the hunting reports, H-7 is leading the units with 7 deer killed there. That is with 5 hunters making reports (for what ever that's worth ).

Comment

To who ever I bothered today, I didn't mean to send the skunk your direction.
                      I was just trying to get it's attention before it got to close to me. Hence the slight noise I made.

After running the skunk off, I saw a hunter pop up about 60 yards away. And start walking around several times before he sat back down. I then backed out.

Comment

Skunks don't normally forage during the day. They are mostly nocturnal, unless they have rabies. I have seen them out just after sunrise. And in the late evening before dark. It was probably confused since it was so cloudy out. And did not act abnormal from the skunks I've dealt with in the past.

Comment

Well TG, at least you didn’t get sprayed. It was another long cold day again. Glad I’m still seeing deer, just wish I could see one that is legal to shoot. There is a 12” 6 point that must think he is my pet. Seen him 4 of the last 6 sits.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                            Well TG, at least you didn’t get sprayed. It was another long cold day again. Glad I’m still seeing deer, just wish I could see one that is legal to shoot. There is a 12” 6 point that must think he is my pet. Seen him 4 of the last 6 sits.
                            Sounds like where I was hunting. There was a 6 point out there all the time. One day I got up to relieve myself and when I turned back around he was staring me down from about 40 yards. He blew once and just stood there. I got back in the blind and he came right in to the corn and acted like I wasn't even there. I wondered if he could have been a pet at one time

Comment

Anybody out there today, I got a pass from my wife for tomorrow! I need an update.

Comment

Made it out for a second day this season. Had early am chores so did a bit of scouting. Found a dumped fresh kill near parking lot while scouting. Warden stopped me on my way in at another and reported to him. Other than that it is a good day. Anyone else out?

Comment

Working...
                                X