No announcement yet.

child punishment ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy him a can, have him put in a big pinch and dont let him spit it out. Swallow it.

I never took a dip again after that.

Comment

Well here is what I went with. We sat down and talked about it. He bought it yesterday from a kid at school. Said the normal kid thing that he was "curious". I let him know about his great grandfather dying of throat cancer due to smoking. Pointed out what he had to lose, and that I was disappointed. I also took the suggestion from here that he research the effects of tobacco products, and write a report. I did threaten him with reading it in front of his class, but it was more a scare tactic. I did have a little fun with it all though. I let that anticipation build. I got home and went about my normal routine, just letting him stew over it. He was busy making chores for himself and such. After probably and hour and a half I confronted him about it all.
      I am a pretty easy going guy. All I ask from my kids is that they focus on school and stay out of trouble. Other than that enjoy life and have fun. I no longer spank my kids. It's not that I don't believe in spankings, it's just not for me. I try to be creative with punishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
        Back in the day my Dad would whip my arse for catching me smoking or dipping snuff but when I did get caught with snuff he didn't.

Instead he talked to me, acted all worried and concerned. He looked me straight in the eye and asked me if I was homosexual. I was like why on earth would you ask me something like that?

He held out the can of snuff my Mother had found in my jeans and said, "Anyone who would put this crap in their mouth might as well put a D*** in their mouth too."

I was sure embarrassed I can tell you that and stopped dipping that day.

Took it back up later in life though.
        HAHAHAHA that's pretty funny

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
          Maybe if you read more of the thread you would understand how much is at risk from this.
          I did read it.
          And coming from someone who fought and won custody of his son, if the kid confessing that he took a dip is causing you an ulcer because your afraid of what the judge might think... you have bigger problems than you think.

He took a dip and he told the truth when asked.
          Be a parent to him by talking to him instead of going overboard on the small ****.
          This IS small ****.

edit.. you added more since i wrote this.. so ..heres more..
          you did exactly what i offered up...

i still dont understand why you asked for assistance in the thread ......
          Last edited by systemnt; 12-06-2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrizzly90 View Post
            Have a man-to-man talk with him and then show him the pictures of what happens from using it.
            Look up Gruen Von Behrens (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruen_Von_Behrens). Started dipping at 13 and was diagnosed with mouth cancer at 17.

On another note... nice avatar

Comment

I honestly dont think their is any punishment thats gonna help. I would show pictures of gum disease. And show an average yearly cost to dip. He is at the age that he is gonna do whatever he wants anyways. I would show him the pros and cons of dipping cause ultimately only he can make the decision to dip or not.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdoggintexas View Post
                A 12 pack of beer makes you a raging alcoholic?
                And it don't even have to be daily. But yes to answer your question.

91 days alcohol free.

Comment

Copenhagen is one of the great pleasures of life

Comment

Originally posted by hogdoggintexas View Post
                    I think that makes him a alcoholic. I don't see that as a raging alcoholic.
                    There is no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      I did read it.
                      And coming from someone who fought and won custody of his son, if the kid confessing that he took a dip is causing you an ulcer because your afraid of what the judge might think... you have bigger problems than you think.

He took a dip and he told the truth when asked.
                      Be a parent to him by talking to him instead of going overboard on the small ****.
                      This IS small ****.

edit.. you added more since i wrote this.. so ..heres more..
                      you did exactly what i offered up...

i still dont understand why you asked for assistance in the thread ......
                      Like I said, I like being creative in ways I deal with stuff. Sometimes having outside perspective helps. All my children and I have pretty open communication and a talk would be an obvious part of our solution. Coming here and asking for ideas did help. I wouldn't have thought of the report idea, but is a great idea.

Comment

When my kids got in trouble I had them clean all the baseboards in the house with a washclosh and a bucket of water.

Comment

Sometimes we would let our kids pick their own punishment and found it was harsher than what we would have done!

Comment

Reading this post yesterday made me go out and buy a can. I normally only would use chewing tobacco for Road trips, but got a good craving for dip on the way home. Good ole Skoal Wintergreen Longcut. It's what I used in high school to quit smoking for Football/Rugby

Comment

Caught my 14 year old dipping this year, took his bedroom door off and put it in the garage. That way, he could see it every morning and afternoon going to and coming home from school. it is the only thing I have found that actually changes behavior. I have tried grounding, taking phones, gaming consoles, computers, etc.

Comment

Some of y'all would have had a heart attack if'n you were my parents.

Kid got snitched on, no evidence and told the TRUTH. Ya, run him thru the ringer!
                                Last edited by Traildust; 12-06-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X