No announcement yet.

No brow tines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea meant 3 does to 1 buck. Was 5:1 or maybe a little more when I started hunting here 4 years ago.

I have some trail cam pics with 6+ bucks in the pic. Never had that before this year.

Comment

No brow at 2.5 or older turn him into sausage. Don't want that gene passed on for sure.

Comment

Cull him.

Comment

I think he needs to be taken out of the gene pool.

Comment

I wouldn't leave that mouth at the dinner table with the other good up and comers around.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Be VERY CAREFUL passing "no brow bucks". Its a genetic trait. It can get out of hand quick especially if all that is being shot are your good genetics.. I witnessed this first hand.. On a 10 man, 2500 acre lease it was voted to pass on them(I voted to shoot)and 5 years later it was hard to see a buck WITH brows..

Yep we shoot every no brow buck we see, pretty much regardless of age. It was rampant on our lease a few years ago. Thought we had shot it out but had a few show up this season. They are on the hit list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No brows, take him!

Comment

The Kerr Management Study would say Shoot him at 2.5. If you have a lot of genetically superior 2.5 bucks, why let him pass on those traits.....

Comment

Working...
                  X