Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Governor Greg Abbott?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbott has been good for Texas and for freedom. He will be hard to beat and I will be voting for him.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      First and foremost, what is your gripe with religion? And, to boil it down further, Conservatism? Both are a collection of ideas simply rooted in right and wrong. Why do you care what religion Abbott or Patrick profess in their personal lives? They cannot wave a wand and force you into a Church or embed their beliefs no matter how much you fear it.

Your complaint is that Conservatives claim to have a "monopoly on morality". I have not yet heard you dive headlong into the liberal mantle of tolerance and race. Liberals are the most intolerant and racist people in this Country but you fear the conservative family that is only worried about doing the right thing each and everyday. Would you be less fearful of conservatives if they voted for live-birth abortions and free weed for kindergarteners?

Politically, the thing MOST conservatives fear is irreparable damage being done to this Country. If you honestly look at the current Democratic Party platform, that cannot be said for them. What is it conservatives believe that you find so damaging to your freedoms and Rights?
      You seem fond of making subjective claims, representing them as objective truth and wrapping them up in hyperbole. Twice in one post this time.

Conservatism and liberalism are collections of ideas rooted in an opinion of right and wrong. Religion is rooted in faith based on lax standards of reason and evidence. These lax standards enable people to believe the most absurd ideas in the name of religion and to do so without expectation of criticism.

Last week Alabama US Senator Luther Strange declared Trump's Presidency a biblical miracle. I'm not interested in leadership from social conservatives who would believe something so ludicrous or from a President who embraces something as arrogant and absurd as prosperity theology.

Last but not least, I'm not a Democrat. I'm a centrist and an independent. We comprise almost 40% of the electorate and outnumber liberals and conservatives. We don't care much for ideologues and we don't like having to choose between culturally-obsessed, politically correct leftists and arrogant, right-wing theocrats.

If I included liberals and conservatives, I could spend half a day answering your last question. I'm really not interested in doing that.
      Last edited by Vermin93; 07-17-2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Drugs are bad

Abbott is good

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
          Your are absolutely wasting your time. Unless that's all you're out to do, then .
          He is, well, vermin!
          vermin (noun):
          people perceived as despicable and as causing problems for the rest of society
          No joke...Im not sure why some of yall continue to try and argue/ reason with some on here. Its obvious they are nothing but trolls looking to stir the pot time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
            You seem fond of making subjective claims, representing them as objective truth and wrapping them up in hyperbole. Twice in one post this time.

Conservatism and liberalism are collections of ideas rooted in an opinion of right and wrong. Religion is rooted in faith based on lax standards of reason and evidence. These lax standards enable people to believe the most absurd ideas in the name of religion and to do so without expectation of criticism.

Last week Alabama US Senator Luther Strange declared Trump's Presidency a biblical miracle. I'm not interested in leadership from social conservatives who would believe something so ludicrous or from a President who embraces something as arrogant and absurd as prosperity theology.

Last but not least, I'm not a Democrat. I'm a centrist and an independent. We comprise almost 40% of the electorate and outnumber liberals and conservatives. We don't care much for ideologues and we don't like having to choose between culturally-obsessed, politically correct leftists and arrogant, right-wing theocrats.

If I included liberals and conservatives, I could spend half a day answering your last question. I'm really not interested in doing that.
            I almost feel sorry for you. Almost. You are so hell bent on going against any grain, you are rooted in no defined set of principles. In your numerous posts, you have yet to cite a single policy to which you support. It has been one lament after another about all things Conservative. Don't get me wrong, you are free to do so and I support your Right. However, there are millions of people that live and die by principles; some more so than others. From your text, I gather you could not even befriend a religious Conservative because their beliefs are "ludicrous" and "arrogant". I would never surround myself with people of that sort so, where are you (a person that abhors religious believers) finding them? Do you even know any?

I certainly made a subjective rebuttal but it was in no way "wrapped in hyperbole". There is good/bad, right/wrong in almost every walk of life. Just because a Senator proclaims Trump to be a miracle, doesn't mean that most of us swallow that hook, line and sinker. Some do but not most. Trump is no miracle as many are finding out, he is a man elected by the People. I didn't even vote for the guy and I no longer consider myself a Republican but I am aware, he was elected by Conservatives, moderates, Centrists and Democrats alike. You ought to be tickled pink over Trump's Presidency. He is the least religious, most left-leaning President in modern history. Moreover, Luther Strange is not Republican Leadership. I'd never even heard of the guy until I read your post.

As for religion, you should be exuberant. Freedom of Religion in this Country is being attacked mercilessly. Well, only Christianity. Muslims are free to run roughshod over this Country and much of the World to the delight of Liberals. You never said what it is that irks you so about a person's personal religion. You called it many derogatory names but provided no decipherable answer. I don't care what you do at home but you are consumed with what others do in theirs and label them negatively. That is the height of arrogance, Sir. Do you see yourself as some sort of above-the-fray intellectual that can so easily cast dispersions upon others but are in some way immune to ridicule? I wonder, is it truly religion that troubles you or is it being staked to a set of values that gets in your way? Perhaps, like Bill Maher, you believe you are more righteous than religion and look down upon believers as a "lesser form of human life". Yes, that was conjecture and hyperbole but that's what you think this is about. This is my last effort.

Comment

I stand with Abbott!

Comment

Abbott is the best governor Texas has had in a LONG time. I'll be voting for him in 2018, assuming he runs for re-election.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                  I'm not wrong. I responded to a comment on meth labs and I mentioned a metric related to the opiod crisis. You posted the results of a wallethub.com report that was created using a weighting of 15 metrics across 3 categories, including law enforcement. It also included marijuana among illicit drug use. That significantly cheapens the results from my perspective.

1. Drug Use & Addiction – Total Points: 50
                  Percentage of Teenagers Who Used Illicit Drugs in the Past Month: Triple Weight (~11.54 Points)
                  Percentage of Teenagers Who Tried Marijuana Before Age 13 Years: Full Weight (~3.85 Points)
                  Percentage of Teenagers Who Were Offered, Sold, Or Given An Illegal Drug On School Property in the Past Year: Full Weight (~3.85 Points)
                  Percentage of Adults Who Used Illicit Drugs in the Past Month: Triple Weight (~11.54 Points)
                  Number of Opioid Pain Reliever Prescriptions per 100 People: Full Weight (~3.85 Points)
                  Number of Methamphetamine Lab Incidents (population adj): Full Weight (~3.85 Points)
                  Number of Overdose Deaths per Capita: Double Weight (~7.69 Points)
                  Overdose Deaths Growth (2015 vs 2014): Full Weight (~3.85 Points)
                  2. Law Enforcement – Total Points: 25
                  Number of Drug Arrests per Capita: Full Weight (~6.25 Points)
                  Number of Drug Arrests on College Campuses per 1,000 Students: Full Weight (~6.25 Points)
                  Prescription Drug Monitoring Laws: Full Weight (~6.25 Points)
                  Maternity Drug Policy (Is Substance Abuse During Pregnancy a Crime?): Full Weight (~6.25 Points)
                  3. Drug Health Issues & Rehab – Total Points: 25
                  Percentage of Adults Who Needed But Didn’t Receive Treatment for Illicit Drug Use in the Past Year: Double Weight (~10.00 Points)
                  Number of Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities per 100,000 People (12 Years and Older) Using Illicit Drugs: Full Weight (~5.00 Points)
                  Number of Admissions to Substance Abuse Treatment Services per 100,000 People (12 Years and Older) Using Illicit Drugs: Double Weight (~10.00 Points)

As for the 2 metrics I specifically referenced -

DEA: 2014 Methamphetamine Lab Incidents (Not weighted by population)

1. Indiana - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  2. Missouri - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  3. Tennessee - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  4. Ohio - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  5. Michigan - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  6. Illinois - Republican Governor, Democrat Legislature
                  7. North Carolina - Democrat Governor, Republican Legislature
                  8. Florida - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  9. Kentucky - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  10. South Carolina - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature

Number of opiod prescriptions by 100 residents (average US Rate = 82.6)

1. Alabama (142.9) - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  2. Tennessee (142.0) - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  3. West Virginia (137.6) - Democrat Governor, Republican Legislature
                  4. Kentucky (128.4) - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  5. Oklahoma (127.8) - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  6. Mississippi (120.3) - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  7. Louisiana (118.0) - Democrat Governor, Republican Legislature
                  8. Arkansas (115.8) - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  9. Indiana (109.1) - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature
                  10. Michigan (107.0) - Republican Governor, Republican Legislature

These 2 lists are largely comprised of states that are more religious, conservative and Republican than most. In fact, out of the 20 least religious states in the country as rated by Pew Research, only 1 (Illinois) is on the meth lab incidents or opiod prescription list. By comparison, out of the top 10 most highly religious states in the country, Georgia is the only one to not make either list. Hopefully the Republicans who control the governorships and the legislatures in most of these states will find a better way to get their states off the lists because social conservatism doesn't seem to be getting the job done.
                  What planet you from? 99% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Comment

Anything but a democrap!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      What planet you from? 99% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Unprincipled, Texas; USA

Comment

Working...
                      X