Way to go, Boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go, Boys!

Some people have a habit of lamenting "young people these days." Reports like this give me hope.

I guess hope can be found in most things based on how you look at it. I will stand with the Legioneers that sent delegates to the mock event.

Comment

You guys want to see what the rest of the country thinks of us, drop down and read the comments... I'd say, let the *******s freeze in the dark. Our GDP would dwarf the other 49 states or better yet, they can have Obama back to lead them and rework the map to the 57 states he referred to as his desire...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        You guys want to see what the rest of the country thinks of us, drop down and read the comments... I'd say, let the *******s freeze in the dark. Our GDP would dwarf the other 49 states or better yet, they can have Obama back to lead them and rework the map to the 57 states he referred to as his desire...
        In my experience most people love Texas. It's just the ones that feel the need to voice their opinions on the internet that makes us think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          In my experience most people love Texas. It's just the ones that feel the need to voice their opinions on the internet that makes us think otherwise.
          It's been my experience, most people that have no concept of Texas, hate it out of blind ignorance. Most that have been here love it but dislike thee natives. A significantly smaller batch like both and those become TBHers and our hunting buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
            It's been my experience, most people that have no concept of Texas, hate it out of blind ignorance. Most that have been here love it but dislike thee natives. A significantly smaller batch like both and those become TBHers and our hunting buddies.
            Yea I agree...When I was in the military everyone not from Texas or Louisiana hated Texas. Most had never even been here. Same think for the lovely californians I met...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Hahaha, The "Can we keep Austin..." made me chuckle

Comment

The vibe I get from people from with in the United states is jealousy. With the exception of California. They literally can't stand us for some reason. Over seas were the envy of the country. Maybe it's the pride thing that we reflect in our home state more than others. Maybe it's the history. But if your not from here you won't understand.

I am proud of my grand father who fought in Germany for this country whom all that remains is a badge that reads Nueces County Sherriffs Department and a father who served in the Army that gently tapped kids upside the head when they forgot to take their caps off during the pledge of allegiance before a little league game. Only thing I have left of him is a flag folded into a triangle in a glassed box on my mantle. But I believe today's America isn't the same America they served. Even with the current Administration, I believe it's to late.

I love this country but I love my great State of Texas better. Some might say that we couldn't make it outside of the union with out its financial benefits and protection and all that other political crap. But I say we would. This is all ready the best state in the country. If we were our own republic this could literally be the best place in the world. If it isn't all ready.

I'm glad the youth see it too. That is a glimmer of hope for folks like me.

NTM.

Comment

My niece went to Dubai with her boy friend. While there she applied for a job as veterinarian at the vet clinic there. The shiek asked where she was from. She replied Texas. He replied "Texas is good, welcome aboard". That was it, the only question. Even the shiek of Dubai knows it's good.

Comment

I spent 4 years in school in New York. In my "expert" opinion, as a general rule the New Yorkers/and New Jersey city folks are THE MOST RUDE, arrogant, and self centered people I have ever met. The folks in up-state, are some of the kindest, most loving and welcoming folk I've ever had the pleasure to meet, and the farther away you get from NYC, the better the people are... The single most surprising thing to me having gone there straight out of high school from East Texas was how rude and mean the New Yorkers and surrounding area folks were to each other. Their biggest thing was to see just how badly they could cut each other down with smart *** remarks about one another and making fun of each other... and these folks were "friends"... I told a bunch of them one time (well actually a bunch of different times), that if my friends and I treated each other that way at home, we'd be kicking someone's *** pretty regular. We didn't talk to each other that way! I was there 4 years, and I bet I heard the F-bomb and the N-word more in that 4 years than the rest of my 64 years on this earth put together... Yes, New York City is a great place to visit, but there's no way in the world I'd ever live there! And YES, they all think Texans are a bunch of ignorant, hillbillies with no culture and are generally uncivilized...

Comment

Working...
                    X