RV Purchase- Tax, title, tags and fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Purchase- Tax, title, tags and fees

I've found a nice used RV on a dealer website. What should I expect to pay in addition to the price of the camper? Say it's $10k and I pay cash, what should my out the door price be?

Thanks!

I think tax is 6.25% not sure about other fees. Call the dealer to get the fees.

Comment

call and ask the dealer?

Comment

If it is $10,000 and you are going to pay cash, offer them the $10,000 out the door price. That includes all taxes and fees. Simple solution.

On vehicles or RV's I always do the out the door price, not a price then all the other stuff added at the end.

Comment

I just bought one for $12,000. By the time all the fees and taxes were done it was somewhere around $12,800.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            If it is $10,000 and you are going to pay cash, offer them the $10,000 out the door price. That includes all taxes and fees. Simple solution.

On vehicles or RV's I always do the out the door price, not a price then all the other stuff added at the end.
            This. OP stated "used" so the dealer should have wiggle room if it's a used unit and paying cash. Just my opinion.

Comment

Never pay asking price on an RV. Nothing depreciates faster. I have seen used ones priced $1,000 less than a new one. They expect you to deal with them, but the occasional person won't.

Comment

825.00 in tx. 50.00 title transfer. 36.00 tags. No ther fees.
                10911.00 is about what I got figured
                Add 7.50 for inspection

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
                  825.00 in tx. 50.00 title transfer. 36.00 tags. No ther fees.
                  10911.00 is about what I got figured
                  Add 7.50 for inspection
                  Tags are by weight GVWR.. mine are $131.00 for my 12,350 pound trailer...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                    Tags are by weight GVWR.. mine are $131.00 for my 12,350 pound trailer...
                    Pretty much what mine runs.

Comment

Good insight fellas I appreciate it all. I am a Procurement Director so don't worry I like to negotiate with them, And when it's my own money then I really get serious. The key to negotiations is knowledge, you have to know what you are asking them to give up!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

x2

Comment

Hey one more question...if the tag says GVWR 10800, then how do I figure out the tow weight of the trailer itself?

Comment

I just bought one, we agreed on $13,00k and I think it was $13,600 after I paid them. I had all the figures written down from when I was doin math on what I wanted to pay and how much it would end up. I'll see if I can find them for you

Comment

On $24,500ish mine was $1580ish

Comment

Working...
                              X