Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I truly dislike bloody pictures of game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
    Death wasn't meant to be pretty.....

Comment

I don't agree or disagree, indifferent I guess. I'm not a trophy guy but a meat guy. I enjoy a nice pic just like the next person but I really enjoy the the moment. I like the reality of
      It all. You just killed that and yes it bleeds. I'm not a photographer or a model and the animals I kill are not models either. My few pics are taken with an iPhone and are the real deal. I don't pose them, this is what I shot and this is how i found it. I enjoy the blood trail follow alongs in here that lead up to the entry/exit wounds and what you killed it with. That's what's real. And yes some discretion is good, I wouldn't post it if was unethical.

Comment

I also believe respect for the animals is proper cleaning/processing and being consumed. Once it's dead it's dead

Comment

It's a hell of a thing killing a deer (animal). You take all he has and all he's ever going to have. :-)

Man, I have posted my flat-top pig pictures several times. Apologies for my transgressions.
          Perhaps I will start practicing catch and release.

Comment

Shoot it, show us, real world, let's eat

Comment

I'm with Chunky on this. You did a good job on that my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                Pics don't bother me either way. But why do people rag on a guy for voicing his opinion?
                It doesn't bother me one bit that he feels this way but some of y'all took it personal. Maybe your insecure?? Idk.
                Now feel free to rag on me for voicing my opinion!
                He voiced his opinion on a public forum, the same forum which allows other to publicly agree or disagree. Anyone posting anything on a public forum should be prepared for those who disagree and be willing to respect those opinions.
                Discuss it, contemplate it, agree, disagree,....
                Just don't argue it.

"To each his own doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong"

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
                  SORRY BUT i DISAGREE. IT IS WHAT IT IS. NOW IF ONE SIDE OF DEER IS LESS BLOODY, BY ALL MEANS I'LL TURN HIM AROUND FOR THE BEST SHOT. ALSO I WILL NOT CALL IT A HARVEST. YOU HARVEST CORN.
                  Zactly..its a kill.

Comment

Just like the extreme liberals that rant & riot about others opinions, there is the equivalent in extreme rednecks, like a few on this site. Little education & low income are common culprits in both.

Comment

Great post Mark!!! I still shake my head when I see how many people have read and posted on this comment. Discussion is what this site is all about just sad to see how much bashing is taking place on this one. Some great topics have only had about 20 replies in the past. I like how you brought up the fact that a lot of posts have been made by a lot of people who do not normally post here also. No worries Junkers you are welcome at my camp fire anytime. Good luck to all on the rest of your season.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddle Tramp View Post
                        As hunters we have enough problems with the"Public Eye" I agree with you. Discretion goes along way. In a discussion of Broadhead effects I can understand it but for basic photos of a kill we should tone it down a bit,IMO.
                        I can see what the OP is saying and understand his point of view. It's not a problem for me really. But as far as the "Public eye" is concerned does it really matter? Those who have no problem with hunting already understand that there is blood associated with killing. Those that don't really don't believe that the picture of me posing with my dead deer (even though you can't see blood) is just a friendly deer that decided to lay down and pose for a picture with me. They know it's dead and most of the libtards I've encountered already have a problem with "killing Bambi" and they certainly have an even bigger problem with posing for a trophy pic with your kill. That's made obvious when they start crying about "killing for trophies." If they're already going to be butt hurt about the kill and the pic either way (with or without blood) then why would I waste my time simply for the sake of appeasement? Now, all of that being said, I personally prefer pics without all the bloody mess just because I think they make a better photo. But I'm certainly not going to take or post any pics because I care what some liberal will cry about. Just my .02. I hope I didn't offend anyone....

Comment

Richard, I agree with you. I spent thirty five years in the rendering plant and I am pretty numb to most anything having to do with dead animals. There is no need to be offensive to others, even if something does not offend you. Pictures of trophies have much more appeal when the hunter cleans things up a bit, and more so if they are going to be posted on a public forum. I do not have any such pictures but I have dozens of ugly ones. I cringe when I see them and sometimes wish that I hadn't always been in such a hurry to get the animal cleaned up and processed. But, my guess is that the next time someone drops a nice one, we will take a few ugly pictures and be done with it. It just seems to be the way that we operate around here. I just won't publish the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                            Yeah I'm stupidly proud of my lady. She's a pin up model for the Veterans Administration. She raises thousands a year with her photos (she has a prosthesis by the way) and that money goes towards our soldiers in need.

Richard.

God bless her.

Comment

Couldn't care less what the "public-eye" thinks of my hunting. That's why hunting and killing animals, and not "harvesting" is how I describe what I do. I'm not a f****ing farmer or politically correct!!

Originally posted by Saddle Tramp View Post
                              As hunters we have enough problems with the"Public Eye" I agree with you. Discretion goes along way. In a discussion of Broadhead effects I can understand it but for basic photos of a kill we should tone it down a bit,IMO.

Comment

Dang Pico you dug deep to find this one. [emoji2]

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X