New Experimental Mule Deer Regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Experimental Mule Deer Regulation

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't turn it up with a search.

Briscoe, Childress, Cottle, Floyd & Hall Counties.

Figure this is going to be controversial...
    I'm generally for it, though I know it's not going to be perfect-- nothing ever is.
    Thoughts?

News Release
    Info Page

All for it. Wish they would push it out to the whole state. I think it would really help the deer numbers in my area as people would not be able to shoot every **** deer they see with horns.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Won’t affect me at all, but I think it’s a good idea.

A few years ago, Missouri had an almost statewide regulation change to where only bucks with at least 4 points on one side could be harvested. Of course, everyone was up in arms, but now we’re seeing consistently bigger bucks because of that change.

Comment

Never hunted mule deer in Texas but I would say that is a very beneficial restriction. Seen the affects in Colorado over the past 10 years of big mature bucks getting harder and harder to find as people shooting the first buck they see with forks.

Comment

I know it's a small area affected and many less mule deer than white tailed, but interesting to see all positive responses.
          I'm curious if there is a counter argument and what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            I know it's a small area affected and many less mule deer than white tailed, but interesting to see all positive responses.
            I'm curious if there is a counter argument and what it is.
            I don’t know how it could be a bad thing. I voted in favor of it. Most the guys will tell you the WT are part of the problem as well.

Comment

I think it will pay off in a few years. We will see.

Comment

I think that’s awesome

Comment

I hunt muleys in Texas every winter and can honestly say that restrictions that will allow a buck to get some age on him is a win/win. If you disagree with the restrictions and have a big enough landholding then go mld.

Comment

Working...
                  X