TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
    Does anyone know of a place that sells started/finished blood dogs?
    I don't see much online like you would for duck dogs or hog dogs. I have trained many duck dogs and just got to watch my first blood dog in action the past week and I'm hooked. I love a good working dog. Thanks!
    Don't know to many people who sell actual finished dogs. Usually if they are good they keep them for themselves but you do come across some good ones. You may check with Jerry, Sika, or Keith(KR Old mexico) get ready to spend some coin though!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      Don't know to many people who sell actual finished dogs. Usually if they are good they keep them for themselves but you do come across some good ones. You may check with Jerry, Sika, or Keith(KR Old mexico) get ready to spend some coin though!
      I'm not sure how much coin one will cost but I am familiar with the world of duck dogs so I know the get pretty costly.

Thanks

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	24562466Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	24562467Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	24562468Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0048.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	24562469

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

June found a for that my son shot with his crossbow. Shot looked good, but ended up being a liver/stomach hit. I’m still scratching my head looking at the entry/exit.

In any case, this was the first time using a gps collar, and it is a real game changer. I had to restart June once, but she ultimately found the doe about 450 yards from where it was shot.

Name:	IMG_1847.jpg
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	24562657Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1847.jpg
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	24562657

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jagdterrier Available for anyone looking to buy a dog

Comment

Saw this on Facebook and thought it could be pretty beneficial for the group!

Comment

Name:	20181203_092456_resized.jpg
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	24563007
                Have a new respect for the dogs and handlers that track down south after this weekend! Went down to a friend's ranchjuat outside of Alice and wow what a difference in terrain that what we are used to. Grass burrs cactus thick mesquite and chest high grass was alot to adjust to but she got it done. Doe was shot facing the Hunter and broke the leg you can see in the pic. Dropped delta and took her a few minutes to get it figured out but jumped her about 300 yards into the track and she had her bayed and pulled down in about 200 yards or so.

It was one hell of a ranch and alot of big big deer. We were allowed does and culls but didn't see one buck that I would consider a cull. Counted 14 bucks one morning and 4 the next several being in the 160-170 ranch and a couple pushing 190+. Hopefully we will get down there more often and get some tracks in.

Comment

My daughter's first deer

My daughter shot her first deer...with a xbow. The shot was back, close to a paunch shot. Normally I would wait at least 8 hours, but I didn't have 8 hours yesterday and needed to get on the road at dark. So I decided to put Rosie on the trail after about an hour wait. She jumped the deer quickly, probably within 50 yards and gave chase. After about 30 minutes we caught up with Rosie to find she had the deer bayed up. The deer broke bay before we could get it put down, but she caught it again quickly and we were able to bring home my daughter's first deer.

The deer ended up being hit in the paunch on the front side and took out the back side lung.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone use airedale's to track with? I currently have lacy's & have an opportunity to get an airedale pup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to your daughter JT on her first deer and to Rosie for making the recovery happen!

Comment

Good work.
                        Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        [ATTACH]936173[/ATTACH]
                        Have a new respect for the dogs and handlers that track down south after this weekend! Went down to a friend's ranchjuat outside of Alice and wow what a difference in terrain that what we are used to. Grass burrs cactus thick mesquite and chest high grass was alot to adjust to but she got it done. Doe was shot facing the Hunter and broke the leg you can see in the pic. Dropped delta and took her a few minutes to get it figured out but jumped her about 300 yards into the track and she had her bayed and pulled down in about 200 yards or so.

It was one hell of a ranch and alot of big big deer. We were allowed does and culls but didn't see one buck that I would consider a cull. Counted 14 bucks one morning and 4 the next several being in the 160-170 ranch and a couple pushing 190+. Hopefully we will get down there more often and get some tracks in.
                        Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Can You add me and my dog Peeper to this list ? I live really close to Grapevine and know the river very well. We found this buck today for a Hunter.972-821-1660

Comment

I’d like to be added to the list as well. I’m around the Waxahachie/Ellis County area. I’m frequently around the Clifton/Bosque County area as well. 214.727.5344

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Few tracks this week. Good bay yesterday morning on a doe. Spike last night. Finished it out tonight with an awesome bay on a nice ten point tonight. Phone ran out storage half way through so didn't catch the close up action but got him finished none the less. Can't figure out how to post photos since photobucket pulled their free stuff, what are yal using to post photos?

Comment

Got a short video of the bay put together, mad my phone ran out of memory but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X