• Show
Clear All

Don't think I could eat it. I won't eat a pink hamburger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
      Don't think I could eat it. I won't eat a pink hamburger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So you cook all your flavor out of the meat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        Well if their deer processing is like their Parisa then it must be awful

Country market in Hondos, spot on the strip in Dhanis, or Schotts outside of Helotes are all much better
        Alverez's (spelling) is also a good choice.

Comment

Tbis would be good with a splay of soy sauce or horseradish. Tabasco would be good as well.

Comment

* 1 lb. lean beef (preferably grass-fed), bison or venison
            * 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, finely grated
            * 1 medium onion, minced fine
            * 1 or 2 serrano peppers, minced
            * 1 teaspoon garlic powder
            * 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
            * 4 teaspoons coarse-grind black pepper
            * juice from two small limes

The most important thing to remember in making parisa is that everything must be excruciatingly CLEAN. The meat is served *raw*, so there is no compromise here. Also, it should be as lean as possible - you want no fat, connective tissue or anything else in there with the meat.

Grind it (or have it ground) through the fine plate on a very clean grinder. Most folks only use meat that they know the source for - can't be too careful here. The addition of lime (or lemon) juice serves to acidify the dish and prevent bacteriologic action. that along with a clean meat source should keep you safe and healthy. I haven't known anyone who got sick eating parisa.

You also need to keep it chilled as you work with it, so set the mixing bowl in some ice or something as you mix it all together. Feel free to adjust the spices to suit your taste! Mix it very well, and chill the resulting mixture for between 4 hours and all night. Goes down best when served on regular saltines or the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
              Tbis would be good with a splay of soy sauce or horseradish. Tabasco would be good as well.
              a dab of horseradish does sound like a good topper... good idea.

Comment

Ok I have to chime in on this and I have scanned every post and sorry if it was already mentioned.

First of all if you are grilling it or cooking it you have gone mad!!!

Secondly, Parisa is an Alsatian dish. Orignated in the Castroville, Quihi and Hondo areas.

I have been eating it all my life, that i remember, and I am 48. I also make it myself and those places like Dzuiks, Alvarez' and Country Mart all have very good Parisa. If you are hard core you will make it out of straight vension and it is GREAT! When I make it I use very lean ground sirloin. You MUST use very lean meat like vension or 97%.

Its not cooked or cured the lemon juice just keeps the meat from turning brown. Salt added is the best and only preservative.

Most people either love or hate it not much in between.

Alsatian

Comment

I'd try it.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                    Ok I have to chime in on this and I have scanned every post and sorry if it was already mentioned.

First of all if you are grilling it or cooking it you have gone mad!!!

Secondly, Parisa is an Alsatian dish. Orignated in the Castroville, Quihi and Hondo areas.

I have been eating it all my life, that i remember, and I am 48. I also make it myself and those places like Dzuiks, Alvarez' and Country Mart all have very good Parisa. If you are hard core you will make it out of straight vension and it is GREAT! When I make it I use very lean ground sirloin. You MUST use very lean meat like vension or 97%.

Its not cooked or cured the lemon juice just keeps the meat from turning brown. Salt added is the best and only preservative.

Most people either love or hate it not much in between.

Alsatian
                    So if your making it, you could get 97/3 ground beef and skip the grinding step I keep seeing in these recipes?

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                      So if your making it, you could get 97/3 ground beef and skip the grinding step I keep seeing in these recipes?
                      Yes, as long as it is ground super fine. I would also suggest getting the freshest ground meat you can get your hands on.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                        Ya I just buy it at HEB leanest they have!

Comment

Now y'all got my curiosity up. Where can I get some around Southlake?

Comment

I grind my own when making that way I know the cleanliness of the process.

Comment

Plus grinding all the other ingredients together at the same time helps to incorporate.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                                Does anybody have a good solid recipe for this? We were just talking about it this weekend, but I never make it through castroville.

Comment

Working...
                                X