Ordered my daughters first bow today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered my daughters first bow today!

At 3 years old Olivia is outside with me each and every time I'm shooting. She always has advice on how I should hold and release and is there with a "Good shot dad!" when I hit the target no matter if it's near what I was aiming at or not. So today I ordered a Bear 1st Shot bow set for her in flo-orange. It comes with arrows but I've already set up a half dozen Gold Tip Trads in 600 spine with flo-orange and flo-yellow feather fletchings for her. We'll cut them to length and tip them with some 100g field tips and flo-orange nocks to complete the look. Man I can't wait to get her out there with a bow in her hands. Give it a couple of months and we'll start stalking squirrels in the back yard.

This is one happy father right here.

Richard.

That is awesome you are starting her out so young, Richard. I'm getting my sixteen year old into archery also. Have some lighter sage limbs on the way. Don't think you can beat the Samicks for the price.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	24477868

I got my daughter that just tuned 4 a little bow for Christmas! All she asked Santa for was a bow and arrow and a unicorn!! She loves it! It's a little big but she makes it work!!

Comment

I have a micro "longbow" somewhere that was my son's first when he was around 3.

Think it had like a 5# draw weight at 12"

Comment

Y'all have fun!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
            [ATTACH]832845[/ATTACH]

I got my daughter that just tuned 4 a little bow for Christmas! All she asked Santa for was a bow and arrow and a unicorn!! She loves it! It's a little big but she makes it work!!
            Thats awesome!!

So wheres the unicorn??

Comment

My daughter shoots the same bow.

Some tips:
              1. You can buy youth arrows at academy for cheap. Strip the vanes and refletch. File the points if you want to pop balloons.
              2. Glue a peice of velcro to the rest.
              3. Add a nocking point above the finger rollers and show her how to pull back 3 under and not grab the arrow.

Don't expect too much from a 3 year old. Just bought my 4 year old nephew the same bow and he got tired quickly. My almost 7 year old daughter however can focus better (most of the time)

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Brings back memories of my oldest son (now 22) saying good shot dad when I hit the target anywhere lol. Enjoy her while you can. They grow up fast!
                Thanks for sharing

Comment

Y'all are gonna have a lot of fun. I bet she'll love it!!

Comment

I got my 3 year old the same little bear bow a few months back. My 3 year old is able to nock her own arrows and is pretty darn decent at about 8 foot haha she loves it!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

My youngest daughter who is now 5 shoots one as well. I ordered some kids pink wood arrows from 3 rivers. They are pretty cheap and have feathers on them. Cut off the dull points and glued on 75 g tips so they would stick in 3-D target. Took her to a tournament and she won a trophy. Made ol'Dad real proud. She wants to shoot every time I do now. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My three year old grandson was able to do a fairly decent job of nocking arrows and cast towards the target. Now as a four year old he is doing much better, has good form, and hits the target about half the time. I made a game with him to draw and shoot over a tree in the front yard. He really likes to watch the arrow go thirty to fifty yards, so now we mix up target archery with just shooting for the pure joy of shooting. I have no idea what weight the bow is. It is an old red fiberglass bow about 48" in length. I bought some very old aluminum arrows that are short and thin, and weigh next to nothing. They fly pretty good out of that little bow.

Comment

Congrats, Junkers. Nothing like watching your little ones putting forth the effort and eventually succeeding at something challenging. I've posted this before but here's a video of my daughter from a couple years ago, shooting her Rhino Bow M48. 15# at 20". She was 8 at the time.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X