No announcement yet.

6.5 Grendel help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you might have to open your gas port slightly. Very rarely do I see this being the problem but it does happen

Comment

I have a psa moe ctr lower build kit # 7030 on my lower is this right?
      Thanks

Comment

Possible the gas port is too small, but I have never seen it any other caliber except blackout. Might want to take your bolt out and make sure the rings aren't lined up in there. Only other thing I got is it's possible the spring is binding, or just out of spec and too long. You could try and compare to a different spring. I am going to assume 20" with rifle length on the gas system.

Comment

Lower parts kit should not effect cycling. It's going to be in your buffer, gas rings like roughneck said or a gas issue. You might have a slight blockage in your gas tube as well. You can pull it off and blow through it

Comment

I took off the gas block and it is clean and was able to blow air through it and reassembled it and made A very very small move on the gas block and the bolt cycled and extracted the spent shell but fail to load

Comment

Originally posted by BearStrike2010 View Post
              Lower parts kit should not effect cycling. It's going to be in your buffer, gas rings like roughneck said or a gas issue. You might have a slight blockage in your gas tube as well. You can pull it off and blow through it
              The lower parts kit was for reference on the stock being rifle or carbine length
              I believe I have a carbine length

Comment

It sounds like it is short stroking. Like I stated earlier it might help to open the gas port. Or you could cut off about a coil and a half at a time off your buffer spring. I would only do this about 3 times.

Comment

Really starting to sound more and more like the gas rings are lined up. Not too hard to find out. Kinda running out of things to check. When you charge the rifle it doesn't have any issue feeding from the magazine right?

Comment

Dont think I mentioned previously, make sure the bolt is lubed well. Ar15's don't require a lot in most areas, but that is the exception, the neck of the bolt should be shiny with oil. Doesn't have to be dripping or anything like that, but there should be a noticeable shine to it.

Comment

It sounds like a magazine problem to me. You need a spare anyway.

Comment

Yeah I don't like they way the gas block looks and the smoke mark is very very little off center on the barrel I'm going to start with that . I'm going to order an adjusted gas block tonight
                        I did have the bolt lubed up but I'll add more when I get the gas block
                        I did empty a full mag manually
                        Thank you

Comment

I run 6.8spc mags for my baby 6.5

Comment

Find a drill bit that matches the size of the gas port hole and clean it out By spinning the drill bit with your fingers. An adjustable gas block is only going to help if you have too much gas. If none of the above works find a slightly bigger drill bit and drill out your gas port and see what that does. If then it’s over gassed an adjustable gas block will fix the issue.

Comment

I was at the range last weekend and a gentleman a couple lanes over was having a similar issue with his AR-10. I didn't catch all the details so someone here with more know how might verify.
                              They tore it down and it turned out there was a burr on the feed ramp I believe. Took a file and cleared it in seconds. She was right as rain after that. Possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same with mine. A generous shot of oil and she cycles like a woman.

Comment

Working...
                                X