Jalapeno Shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
    I will be doing some in the near future. I think I will cut them up then put them in a basket in my smoke house and roll some mesquite wood smoke on them for about 30-40 minutes then dehydrate and grind.
    That’s how chipotle peppers are made. Just smoke them for a few hours.

Comment

how spicy we talking I like adding a bit of smoke up front.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
        how spicy we talking I like adding a bit of smoke up front.
        Jalapenos are not too spicy. Just adds a nice little burn. The habaneros and ghost peppers are probably what you want if you're looking for some real zing.

Comment

i like the little burn ha ha not sure I want to mess with habs or ghosts

Comment

looks good, gonna have to give it a go.

Comment

If anyone is interested I have a jar of already dehydrated habanero from this past summer. Could probably put in a zip lock and mail out for cheap. Just need a grinder (I use coffee grinder) and a shaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                If anyone is interested I have a jar of already dehydrated habanero from this past summer. Could probably put in a zip lock and mail out for cheap. Just need a grinder (I use coffee grinder) and a shaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I'll take it. Pm coming

Comment

I am def going to make some of this. I am always trying to buy it but no one seems to make it. Seems like it would dehydrate a lot faster if you diced the jalapenos. Just run them through a food processor for a few seconds.

Comment

Not trying to be nosy and get jalapeño business, but are you going to grind the habaneros as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                      Not trying to be nosy and get jalapeño business, but are you going to grind the habaneros as well?
                      Yessir. Will try not to grind as fine as the jalapenos. Maybe more coarse. The jalapeno came out too fine. Clumps up a bit when you're trying to shake it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        I thought about you when I was making it Blake. I was wondering if you smoke the Chipotle peppers yourself or do you buy them?
                        my seasoning blender offers a smoked chipotle fine powder that is blended with my other seasoning ingredients. Your stuff looks great brother

Comment

What grinder to you have/use?

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          All finished. Even doing this outside and taking precautions with the wind and wearing gloves my nose is still on fire a little bit. The stuff is going to taste great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanite View Post
                            What grinder to you have/use?
                            Just using a cheap coffee grinder from Walmart. Think it was 12 or 14 bucks

Comment

I want some!!!!!

Comment

Sorry, thought this was a new dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X