No announcement yet.

Granger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres no flooding at granger, the lakes only 2-3 foot high, all the bad flooding was north of there.

Comment

g-town is letting waterout due to it being 8 foot up. granger IS flooded right now. 3 foot high is alot for a lake that is just a low spot in a field. I am too lazy to check but I would bet the lake is 4 plus above pool right now. the lake is a very shallow lake so a foot high there is like 5 foot high at other lakes.

Comment

sent ya a pm.
        kirk

Comment

oh and the watershed for the san gab is northwest of there. lampasas,llano,brady etc. they have had record rain fall the past month and a half. lamp. in one week had over 14'' of rain.

Comment

I went last month and there is a lot of activity west of number 7. Try to stay away from 6 if it is flooded, there was a lot of fresh activity and a pit near the water on seven and that area does not get much water. Even if the lake is high it is easy to get around. You don't have to go too far to find tracks. Good luck.

Comment

thanks alot, I hope to get out there next week sometime,I will keep an eye on the rain.
              see many snakes the last time you went?
              kirk

Comment

granger IS flooded right now. 3 foot high is alot for a lake that is just a low spot in a field. I am too lazy to check but I would bet the lake is 4 plus above pool right now. the lake is a very shallow lake so a foot high there is like 5 foot high at other lakes.
                ha, thats BS right there

Comment

Originally posted by DFWarcher View Post
                  ha, thats BS right there
                  really. ok i must be worng. I havent fished and hunted that lake for the past 15 years. I prolly dont know what the hell i am talking about. your right. Oh and the river that feeds the lake must not be in my back yard either i geuss. Again your right.

Comment

Yep, Catexduck is right on. Was planning on camping at Taylor over the weekend - clearly shot now. Most of the ramps and now both swimming areas are closed. That lake definately is a low spot in a field. COE site has normal pool at 504 ft at 4400 surface acres, flood pool at 528 ft at 11,040 surface acres. Not much of a rise to take alot of ground. It's gone from 507 ft yesterday to 514 this morning. Hopefully we all can dry out some and they can drain it down.

Comment

Working...
                    X