help me build an AR pistol in 300 black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a somewhat budget build with the intended use of shooting pigs from truck or jeep window. my 16 inch rifle is just too long to maneuver. I will shoot supers unsurpassed most all of the time. I am thinking 10.5 inch barrel? I figure shots up to 150 or so. also I have no clue on what route to go on optics I think I am leaning toward the shockwave brace

What caliber?

Comment

I picked up a 10.5" 300blk upper on PSA ($260 I think) and I have been plenty happy with it. I put it with it Spikes lower, CMMG lower parts kit and the shockwave buffer tube and brace. For optics I went with the Vortex magnifier and Eotech 300 blk. Eotech magnifier would have been nice but wasn't in the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Patton; 10-09-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Im thinking about the same build. Looked at the Hardened Arms website and they had a 300 black upper for $189.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          I picked up a 10.5" 300blk upper on PSA ($260 I think) and I have been plenty happy with it. I put it with it Spikes lower, CMMG lower parts kit and the shockwave buffer tube and brace. For optics I went with the Vortex magnifier and Eotech 300 blk. Eotech magnifier would have been nice but wasn't in the budget.

this is very close to what I have in mind exact lower I looked at and same brace

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
            Im thinking about the same build. Looked at the Hardened Arms website and they had a 300 black upper for $189.00.
            I too. looked at hardened arms. the upper i am looking at is 249

Comment

I run bison armory barrels through all my AR's and have been very happy. Order a barrel and bolt from them and they'll headspace them together. I'd recommend that and I've built several AR's from palmetto parts and haven't had any issues. CMC single stage flat trigger is my favorite and JP adjustable gas block for tuning it to shoot suppressed. Don't skimp on a good buffer system. Vltor makes a good one or JP.

I just built a 8.5" 300blk and got that barrel from bison. Gun is tiny!

Comment

Just FYI, unsuppressed supersonics out of a short barrel from a truck window are excruciatingly loud. I highly recommend you wear hearing protection. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                  Just FYI, unsuppressed supersonics out of a short barrel from a truck window are excruciatingly loud. I highly recommend you wear hearing protection. Lol
                  yeah I don't ever shoot anything unsuppressed

Comment

Here’s the 8.5” 300BO SBR my daughter and I built together for a spring break project. We were excited and surprised that it cycled perfectly right from the start. It is built on Spike’s upper and lower with parts and accessories we found shopping online. I cheaped out on the barrel, but it has proven to be decently accurate. The trigger, though is unforgivable. It’s the standard one that comes with the Spike’s LPK, and it is horrible. Budget for a good trigger.

We only shoot it suppressed but I took the can off so you could see how small it is without it.

Comment

IMHO you shouldn't skimp on the adjustable gas block, barrel or BCG. I would look at Faxon barrels for an affordable / high quality tube.

Comment

well I am just waiting on it all to come in. I got an upper from hardened arms, a shockwave stock, and got a smoking deal on a spikes honey badger lower from onetondodge all I need now is to get a lower parts kit and wait for the ups man to show up

Comment

How did the build turn out. I'm looking to do one myself and have not ever done so. Would like some advice

Comment

Following

Comment

Do you have to have any special permit or anything to have an AR pistol? Or is that SBR? What differentiates the two? Just curious. Great looking pistols!

Comment

Working...
                              X