Deer Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Movement

Anyone seeing an improvement on the deer movement? I'm sure not. I've hunted my property (Deep ET) about 15 sittings this season thus far I have not seen one deer. I guess with this last front that blew in (30+ mph winds), most of the acorns have fallen now. Hopefully, the deer will finish them up soon and at least come back to the corn. I'm not seeing any rabbits either and only a few squirrels in the trees. Not many at all on the corn. I've also planted a few food plots and they are lush and green but no feeding in them that I can tell. I've never seen anything like this for many years.

How about the rest of ya???

Thanks,

Doug Key

Things are about to change, last nights hunt had 2 bucks in front of me fighting and for several hours watched bucks running does, this mourning I watched a buck make a scrape and whip up on a tree, the past two hunts I have seen around 40 deer and they are eating corn now it looks as though the rut is on the way I think you will see a big change the next time you go to the stand.

Comment

we will see this last saturday i still didnt see anything so hopefully this saturday with all this cold weather will get em going...Dang squirrel hunters don/t help

Comment

seen lots of deer last weekend even with all the wind. I am still seeing bachlor groups and think we lack about two weeks till the rut is heavy. Movement is up and mine are pounding the acorns right now in the hot areas.

Comment

I'm hunting Palo Pinto and the deer movement is very slow! I have had around 15 hunts this year and have seen deer 2 of those hunts! It is a strange year for us for sure! It think we need much colder weather!! It should pickup in the next few weeks, good luck.

Comment

Thanks guys. I live on 75 acres, which I own and my Wife's stand is about 300 yds. behind the house. Just a few days ago I started corning the road toward her stand about 100 yds behind my home and each morning the corn is fed up but not touched at the feeder's. Strange indeed.

Doug Key

Comment

I have access to some property East of Cleveland and the deer never found my corn this year. I thought it might have been the loggers.

Comment

I haven't seen much til this week, I've seen lots of spikes, forkhorns and very small bucks and a few does since Monday.

Comment

Started moving good the other day up here. I am betting if it was 100 degrees down there they would be moving better down there.
                  Chris Kiefner

Comment

Working...
                  X