Hunting spot upgrades Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting spot upgrades Completed

Finished up my hunting spot at the river today. Got the directional feeder in place, filled up, and running.

I wanted to get this spot as inconspicuous/hidden as possible, with nothing in the area where the feed is on the ground.

The corn spread runs at an angle from my right, and in front of me about 8 yards, out to directly in front of me to the east about 18 yards. These pictures show what the setup looks like from inside, and outside the blind.

The blind itself was set up about a month ago, and has weathered four really bad storms with high winds, and has suffered no damage at all. I think this is going to work out real good.

Rick
    Attached Files

Good luck at your spot !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Good luck at your spot !
      Thanks !!!!

I better have good luck with it. Lots of work went into getting things set up this way.

Started setting up the feeder yesterday, and had to give up after breaking my index finger on my right hand, cracking my right elbow, and having some pretty bad heat exhaustion. Just had to leave it till today to finish up, but I got it done.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
        Thanks !!!!

I better have good luck with it. Lots of work went into getting things set up this way.

Started setting up the feeder yesterday, and had to give up after breaking my index finger on my right hand, cracking my right elbow, and having some pretty bad heat exhaustion. Just had to leave it till today to finish up, but I got it done.

Rick
        Ouch, how did you do all that?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Ouch, how did you do all that?
          Lost control of the wench handle.

That last picture where you are looking at the ground with a couple of corn piles (cleaned out old feeder) is the primary killing spot. The bushes about center of picture are 18 yards.

Rick

Comment

Looks awesome man, good luck!

Comment

Sorry to hear about being busted up. Darn it. Hate to say, been there done that. guess your winch does not have the anti reverse mechanism? The one that hit me hat the gears, I just did not flip the switch down and let it back spin.. Lesson learned. Congrats on getting it finished.

Comment

Looks awesome man! Hope it turns put good for you

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a worm gear drive winch for the one non stand and fill I have left. Eliminates that safety hazard. Hope you heal quickly.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet that'll work great!! Good luck Rick.

Comment

Oh, that looks good Rick. I'm glad I don't have to contend with those trees with the wimpy leaves. These live oaks and cedars are so much easier to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                        Oh, that looks good Rick. I'm glad I don't have to contend with those trees with the wimpy leaves. These live oaks and cedars are so much easier to deal with.
                        Yeah Bob, I love live oaks & cedar breaks. Unfortunately mesquite & small brush is all I have on the river place.

My home property has lots of oak & cover, but no live oak. Unfortunately, it doesn't have many deer, or pigs on it anymore.

Rick

Comment

That setup looks solid! It's hard to tell from the pics, can you shoot a stick bow out of that blind or is for another method?

Oh, and dang - hope your hand/elbow heals quickly. Come on October...

Randy

Comment

Hey Randy.
                            Thanks.

Yes, I can shoot my 64" bow from the blind easily while setting down.
                            That's what I bought it for.
                            It's the Baronet Big Mike XT (Extra Tall). It's actually made for compounders to be able to stand & shoot from it.

Finger seems to be doing ok as long as I keep it taped.
                            Still haven't tried to shoot my bow, but I think even that will be ok pretty soon.

Rick

Comment

This one will allow for shooting my recurve as well. I have it at the hunting spot but I have to cover it yet. I changed up the top and used part of a cattle panel to give me the roof height I need.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X