Need suggestions on good running shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need suggestions on good running shoes

I recently quit smoking after 22 years(still can't believe how easy it was) and started going to the gym and running again. I have an old pair of Nike Shox but just not working too well. I need some suggestions on a great pair of running shoes price does not matter thanks!

Find a Fleet Feet or similar store. They're built for setting you up with the correct running shoes.

Comment

new balance has a good line of running shoes

Comment

shox are terrible for running. I started with the nike lunarglides and really liked them but recently switched to brooks and like them a lot too.

Comment

I really like my Mizuno USA.

Comment

I wear asics daily, the gel nimbus is a great shoe for me, a little pled pensive for shoes but worth it

Comment

Depending on your ankles, arches, and knees. Someone with great joints and good arches can run very well in a nb minimus. Moderate condition the best shoe you can put on your feet to run in will be Nike free's they have a wide assortment of styles and boy tey are a great shoe. I you have bad feet as joints I would reccomend a good lateral supportive pair of brooks or Asics. I hate running but I probably put 30 mi. On my shoes a week and I have awful feet and knees. Gotta find the perfect shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                Find a Fleet Feet or similar store. They're built for setting you up with the correct running shoes.
                This, go to a store who will fit you to a good shoe. But if you are asking specifically about brand. Asics are top of the line in my opinion and experience.

Comment

Kinda depends on your feet. Asics have always worked well for me.

Go to a good running store and get the proper fitting shoes. Luke's Locker is one place.

Comment

You mean you would actually wear Tennys?

Comment

It doesn't really matter what brand it is, just try them on and see which ones you think feel the best, and I will say that you get what you pay for. I once bought a $120 pair of shoes in high school for training/running and they were like wearing the clouds of heaven on my feet.

Comment

My wife went to Luke's Locker on Monday and got some new shoes. She ran her best time and least painful 5K that evening. Having the right shoes helps.

Comment

Asics Gel Nimbus' are the only shoe I'll wear now. Totally got rid of my leg and foot pain while running. They are night and day difference from the POS Nikes I had before.

Comment

i'll second lukes locker. they are great at helping you find the best shoe for your foot and running style. having the right shoe goes a long way in dtermining if you will succeed at running or not. also remember even high dollar running shoes need to be retired at some point (usually about 200-250 miles for me). i have a wider foot and like k-swiss running shoes.

and since mostly runners are viewing this

use tbh 10 as a discount code to get $10 off. these are good events to wear those retired shoes!

Comment

If Obama stays in office much longer you better buy Kevlar shoes, cause that's the way he's toward.

Comment

Working...
                              X