Hunting Gimmicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayB View Post
    probably Camo clothing is the biggest gimmick of all time. But I still buy it. It is just easier to keep my "camo" separate from my normal clothing.
    Ok I am going to say this for blind hunters for sure. But if you are elk hunting or even deer hunting in Texas from a tree camo definitely can help.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post

not doubting you, but do you consistently kill mature bucks with a bow while using it? my buddy swears by his and for years has always talked about all the deer he gets in bow range that are straight down wind...he finally shot a "shooter buck" last year, first time hes had one in bow range, ever, when he decided to only hunt when the wind was perfect.
      That's a tricky stipulation to use for a success story.
      I hunt public exclusively. Mature bucks on public ground are tough to find period. I don't hunt feeders or HF's so putting ozonics to the ultimate test when you know there will be mature bucks in the area is harder on public ground as opposed to private leases. I can't answer your question based on those conditions.

Comment

Pee Willie Wick was the biggest piece of crizap I have ever bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I don’t own an Ozonics but how can we prove that it works?

The same could be said for plenty of other products as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I guess just like anything. You utilize the information present to determine the unknown information (algebra).

Ozone is proven to kill scent. That's not my opinion, that's just science.
          Correctly using your equipment is probably more valid than anything else. It's no different then me having an expensive rifle or bow. If I don't use it correctly, I can say it doesn't work. But it doesn't mean others won't have success with it.

Comment

I saw synthetic deer poop in a bag about 10 years ago. Who on God’s green Earth buys this stuff.

Comment

I've been given a bunch over the years as I've been a vendor at shows. Probably better not to call them out but two that stand out are the little white triangle of white fabric and a string to simulate a flagging deer tail (i forget what they call it) And a fake human shaped camo decoy to leave in your stand when you aren't there. (anyone want to buy one?)
              Last edited by Gunnyart; 08-13-2020, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                I've been given a bunch over the years as I've been a vendor at shows. Probably better not to call them out but two that stand out are the little white triangle of white fabric and a string to simulate a flagging deer tail (i forget what they call it) And a fake human shaped camo decoy to leave in your stand when you aren't there. (anyone want to buy one?)
                I guess I need to get out more. The fake human in a stand!!!! That is hilarious. Pretty sure I would be placing that in other members stand to give them a scare early morning.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                  probably Camo clothing is the biggest gimmick of all time. But I still buy it. It is just easier to keep my "camo" separate from my normal clothing.
                  I shot a doe that evening. I did have a camo jacket on.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    I used to take a 2 liter coke bottle full of water, paint it black, and hang it in my deer blind window high to look like a persons head in there. It would move a little in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                      I guess I need to get out more. The fake human in a stand!!!! That is hilarious. Pretty sure I would be placing that in other members stand to give them a scare early morning.

That's for when you're runnin' late to your stand and have to take the contra-flow lane by yoreseff... The dummy is yore ticket to the fast lane...

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                        6.5cm
                        LMAO you just made my day. Thank you

Comment

Any of the 100% odor eliminator soaps, most buck attractant scents, range finder angle compensator, throw and grow seeds.

Comment

Way back in early 70's, I used to buy the G96 Apple scent.

Now I knew there weren't many apples around Central Texas, but I think my neck swelled up when I sprayed. I loved that scent.

Comment

There used to be a deer feeder call, it made the sound of a feeder going off and slinging corn.

Comment

Double Down

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X