mt. lion alert! wimberley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mt. lion alert! wimberley

WIMBERLEY, Texas (KXAN) — A deer found in Blue Hole Regional Park in Wimberley on Monday was killed by a mountain lion, Hays County Constable for Precinct 3 Ray Helm said in a Facebook post.

A deputy called to the park confirmed a mountain lion was behind the kill, which comes a week after another report of a deer killed by a mountain lion on Flight Acres, just across Flite Acres Road from the Blanco River — and about a mile away from Blue Hole Park.

“He has been working with wildlife his whole life and recognized the way this deer was killed, that it was a cat,” Constable Helm said. In the kill last week, the animal returned the next night and finished its meal.

The constable says trail cams have been placed in the Blue Hole Park to get a look at the mountain lion. http://kxan.com/2018/02/27/after-mou...ssues-warning/
    Last edited by waterdog; 03-01-2018, 05:58 AM.

A constable (not a GW) thinks the deer was killed by a lion and Kxan reports it as fact. Anything is possible but it's not likely. Sometimes dogs go for the throat is my best guess. We will see.

Comment

I saw a trail can pic from a client of mine a couple of weeks ago of a mountain lion in Magnolia. I didn't believe him until he showed me the picture. It was a no doubt lion. I couldn't believe it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

hey Horns fans... BoB got in to the Jager and is wearing that stupid fur hat again ....

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
          I saw a trail can pic from a client of mine a couple of weeks ago of a mountain lion in Magnolia. I didn't believe him until he showed me the picture. It was a no doubt lion. I couldn't believe it.

can you get the pic? had another buddy swear he saw one (live) ....been calling bull****

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            can you get the pic? had another buddy swear he saw one (live) ....been calling bull****
            I'll see. Hes a Dr and not super easy to get a hold of. His house is in Sendera ranch and backs up to a creek that feeds lake creek. He has 13 acres. I called b.s. and was expecting a picture of a black house cat. It was a fawn colored lion for sure. Like for sure for sure.

Comment

we're down the road from there.. off fish creek (lake creek...) ..

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post

I’ve got the same one on camera, and only live a few miles from your buddy:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  I’ve got the same one on camera, and only live a few miles from your buddy:
                  lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                    A constable (not a GW) thinks the deer was killed by a lion and Kxan reports it as fact. Anything is possible but it's not likely. Sometimes dogs go for the throat is my best guess. We will see.
                    I know Ray Helm personally if he says its a cat then its a cat. I live a few miles from Blue Hole and hike the trails every weekend with my dogs. There are all kinds of game back there for a cat to harvest. Talked to the game warden years ago and he told me that there are big cats all up and down the Blanco River.

Comment

Wow. They are definitely around that area but no one wants to believe it and everyone calls BS. 99.9% of the time they will see you before you see them so nobody believes they are around. Take Colorado for instance, they are all over up there but some people have lived there their whole lives and never seen them. Heard there was one a few years ago in Fieldstore area that had gotten ahold of a few horse. Had big deep claw marks and some had bite marks but most people wanted to say it was a bobcat.

Comment

Why do people so quickly assume it is not a mountain lion. It is a proven fact that big cats live all across Texas ( more populated in West Texas) and they have like an 80 mile radius they roam! I have no arguments when people say there is a cat sighting. He didn’t say black panther so I think it can be a legit sighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
                          Why do people so quickly assume it is not a mountain lion. It is a proven fact that big cats live all across Texas ( more populated in West Texas) and they have like an 80 mile radius they roam! I have no arguments when people say there is a cat sighting. He didn’t say black panther so I think it can be a legit sighting.
                          Because 99% of the mountain lion pics on here and other sites are clearly not mountain lions. With that said, then everyone and their mommas have seen one crossing the road at night or such.

Its funny OP, a friend of mine posted that on FB and I started to respond and decided I didnt have the energy.
                          Last edited by solocam_aggie; 03-01-2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Big cats up and down the blanco river! I bet he had a good laugh after he said that. That's ridiculous. If there's a mountain lion roaming wimberly we will get a pic.

Comment

That is the final straw. Now the lawmakers need to pass new laws banning mountain lions from EVER doing this sort of thing again. That'll teach em.

Comment

Working...
                              X