• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He a Dandy

Comment

Here pork pork pork! Heck of a pig

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Way to go- what a trophy. Is that protein he is eating out of the free range feeder? Have you seen him before on cams? Wonder if eating protein played a part in him getting those proportions?

Comment

Wow, what a pig, congrats ! Curious what broad head you used ?

Comment

you shouldn't have told us the weight. The experts would have had him weighing 500#

Comment

Congratulations to you, that's one heck of a huge trophy boar!

Very well done!

Comment

Heck of a hog!

Comment

You should wait 6 months and post the camera pic of him and do a "guess this hogs weight" thread. I guarantee you get estimates of 400lbs.

Comment

Congrats! He's a BIG boar!

Comment

I think your feed bill will be going down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        Way to go- what a trophy. Is that protein he is eating out of the free range feeder? Have you seen him before on cams? Wonder if eating protein played a part in him getting those proportions?
                        That's protein he is eating but me and my dad just set that protein feeder up about a month ago. We actually just got this hog on camera coming within the last week and he started coming pretty darn consistently anywhere from 12:30 a.m. - 2 a.m. so I waited for him as he had came 3 nights in a row and I shot him at 2:15 a.m.. We have had a lot of rain here where I live and I'm not sure if that didn't help play a row in pushing him out of the creek onto my high ground partly.

Comment

Yeah I should of took a pic of scale when we weighed him but a fellow TBHer was there to verify the weight. I don't really care when people tell me they shot a 300 lb boar but yet they have no pics and/or they didn't even weigh him on a scale to verify. Very easy to overestimate a pigs weight. Before I put him on the scale I had guessed probably 275-300 and my dad said 250-275 so we where pretty much on the money. I will make sure next time to take pic of scale

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            I doubt nearly every pig weight but this one looks legit.

Finally a big boar and no exaggeration.

Congrats! How far did he run after the shot?
                            I'm actually inclined to think that the scale was light! I know it sounds funny, but he "looks" heavier than 280. Great kill. Congrats to the OP!

Comment

WOW! That is one big pig. Congratulations.

Comment

Huge Congrats!!! Good boars are far and few between.. I have been fortunate enough to harvest 2 big ones but that was years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X