No announcement yet.

Elk cow vs. Nilgai cow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had both and preferred the Elk cow over the Nilgai cow but thought both were considerably better than White tail.

Comment

A typical bull in Colorado is a little over 500, I'd say the average cow elk is 300.

Comment

A cow elk will be around 500 pounds. I have no idea abouf nilgai.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
          Beef Cow
          I don't eat beef, but no doubt, this is the best bang for your buck!

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
            I don't eat beef, but no doubt, this is the best bang for your buck!
            If I wanted beef I would go to the store.

Comment

Originally posted by RODEO View Post
              OK. Now, which one typically weighs more? Looking for the best freezer filling deal.

Thanks
              Just making sure I'm understanding the situation.

Comment

Run up to Durango, CO territory with a cow tag under $400. Drop a cow on BLM land. You'll never regret it. Driving through New Mex might bother you, but you'll put it behind you in the end.

Comment

Elk is more delicious

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                    Run up to Durango, CO territory with a cow tag under $400. Drop a cow on BLM land. You'll never regret it. Driving through New Mex might bother you, but you'll put it behind you in the end.
                    Would love to, but don't have the time.

Comment

Elk cow vs. Nilgai cow

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                      A cow elk will be around 500 pounds. I have no idea abouf nilgai.

The 3 I have weighed have been between 300 and 350 pounds.

The 3 bulls I have weighed 375 for a young bull and the 2 mature bulls maxed out my 550 lb scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, major parts of New Mexico are the worst part about driving up to Colorado from Texas.

Comment

That's going cost double or a bit more by the time you factor travel cost and a hotel if needed. Plus it will be far from a sure deal. You spend the money on a Nilgai hunt and while not a guarantee on most places it's very high odds.

Why all the hate for NM?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            That's going cost double or a bit more by the time you factor travel cost and a hotel if needed. Plus it will be far from a sure deal. You spend the money on a Nilgai hunt and while not a guarantee on most places it's very high odds.

Why all the hate for NM?
                            I don't hate New Mexico, but some of it is uglier than a mud fence.

Comment

The Elk cow is going to be larger.
                              The Nilgai is going to eat much better, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X