• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    https://nyti.ms/2tlZD9e

One in three in Kentucky are on Obamacare
    lol.

Clear as day now, insuring a bunch of unemployed, drug addicted hillbillies is good for the whole country.

Thank you for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Anybody that believes O-care was created to benefit poor, uninsured peeps is either delusional or smoking crack. O-care was lobbyist driven so more money could be "given away" by government (ACTUALLY TAX PAYERS) to line the pockets of the coorperations whom in turn pay lobbyist.

You want to solve this country's welfare society, institute a law that prohibits anybody on any type of government assistance from voting.
      I'm all about this!! Alexander Fraser was right "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." Maybe just throw a temporary ban on them. Like you can't vote while collecting handouts and for 2 years after... Seems legit to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
        I'm all about this!! Alexander Fraser was right "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." Maybe just throw a temporary ban on them. Like you can't vote while collecting handouts and for 2 years after... Seems legit to me!!
        One exception being, we operate under a representative Republic, not a democracy. Be very careful because what you are referring to is confiscating a Constitutionally protected right. If you want to stomp out welfare, tack on a work mandate and a mandatory drug & alcohol test and if found to be in violation, No Mas! That would be the surest way to lose 90% of recipients on day one.

I have known a few people that, due to hard times, resorted to welfare to get them thru. They are people you want to stand and fight with you but they went thru a rough patch financially for one reason or another. In each case, it was no fault of their own. That slope is getting very slippery.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          lol.

Clear as day now, insuring a bunch of unemployed, drug addicted hillbillies is good for the whole country.

Thank you for the clarification
          I guess you don't have any drunk or unemployed folks in your family.

Things are good when they're great
          Until....

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
            One exception being, we operate under a representative Republic, not a democracy. Be very careful because what you are referring to is confiscating a Constitutionally protected right. If you want to stomp out welfare, tack on a work mandate and a mandatory drug & alcohol test and if found to be in violation, No Mas! That would be the surest way to lose 90% of recipients on day one.

I have known a few people that, due to hard times, resorted to welfare to get them thru. They are people you want to stand and fight with you but they went thru a rough patch financially for one reason or another. In each case, it was no fault of their own. That slope is getting very slippery.
            LoL
            Ahhhhhh seeeee
            Now you're trying to carve out exceptions for your elite little group of friends
            Just like politicians do

Comment

LoL
              Ahhhhhh seeeee
              Now you're trying to carve out exceptions for your elite little group of friends
              Just like politicians do
              Are you high right now?? Do you even know what you're saying or are you just trollin'? I have to tell you man, your responses sound drug addled and incoherent.

Comment

Are you high right now?? Do you even know what you're saying or are you just trollin'? I have to tell you man, your responses sound drug addled and incoherent.
                At first y'all say welfare ppl can't vote
                But then you say only THESE welfare ppl can't vote
                Not my friends that were on welfare because they are good ppl

So many tbhrs family have cancer I guarantee you they have benefited from some sort of govt welfare program

Comment

I guess you don't have any drunk or unemployed folks in your family.

Things are good when they're great
                  Until....
                  A few drunks yes. Unemployed no. I was brought up and I'm bringing my kids up to understand the concept personal responsibility and accountability.

Comment

At first y'all say welfare ppl can't vote
                    But then you say only THESE welfare ppl can't vote
                    Not my friends that were on welfare because they are good ppl

So many tbhrs family have cancer I guarantee you they have benefited from some sort of govt welfare program
                    Take a breath, Smokey and re-read MY posts. Due to your hazy condition, I will clarify; I NEVER wrote that anyone shouldn't vote. In fact, I wrote that it would be a very slippery slope to confiscate Constitutionally protected rights (i.e. it would be unconstitutional and I'm freakin' against it). As for the people I know whom have been on welfare, their circumstances (as for cancer) is why welfare exists. That and to care for indigent persons who cannot care for themselves. If a family goes bankrupt due to an illness, I have no problem helping out until they get on their feet.

I'm not sure where you live but I can drive 15 miles from my home and at this time of day (1:18 PM), any day, we can see streets and porches chocked FULL of young, healthy hood rats drinking 40s, smoking Swisher Sweets and they aren't working the night shift. That's MY money and yours paying for them to sit on their a*s while we all produce. I'm saying, drug and alcohol test everyone and add a work/employment mandate and you will witness a miracle. Generational welfare babies will rise up and go to work just like the family with cancer. Is that more clearly stated?

Comment

Take a breath, Smokey and re-read MY posts. Due to your hazy condition, I will clarify; I NEVER wrote that anyone shouldn't vote. In fact, I wrote that it would be a very slippery slope to confiscate Constitutionally protected rights (i.e. it would be unconstitutional and I'm freakin' against it). As for the people I know whom have been on welfare, their circumstances (as for cancer) is why welfare exists. That and to care for indigent persons who cannot care for themselves. If a family goes bankrupt due to an illness, I have no problem helping out until they get on their feet.

I'm not sure where you live but I can drive 15 miles from my home and at this time of day (1:18 PM), any day, we can see streets and porches chocked FULL of young, healthy hood rats drinking 40s, smoking Swisher Sweets and they aren't working the night shift. That's MY money and yours paying for them to sit on their a*s while we all produce. I'm saying, drug and alcohol test everyone and add a work/employment mandate and you will witness a miracle. Generational welfare babies will rise up and go to work just like the family with cancer. Is that more clearly stated?
                      Preach it brother preach it!

Stop enabling and hold people accountable.

Comment

Aaaahhhh! The silencing of the trolls. Gotta love it.

Comment

That for **** sure would go a long way toward "fixin'" it! And well said sir!

...can't wait to hear what "ocare is good man" has to say about that... If we had more like you and fewer like him, we'd all be a LOT better off.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            Why not just do nothing and let it fail? Make it a legacy. My rate was 200.00 per month prior to Obama's care. Now they are pushing 900.00 per month. Medical providers are requesting an 85% increase for next year.
                            This little state of just over 2 million people and has over 900k people on medicaid. With no money to pay for the medicaid.
                            I see no one has responded to your question. It is the very question I have. Let this thing collapse under its own weight. It is close to doing so already. Maybe that is the Republican plan but I doubt they are smart enough to actually do it.

And agree, just repeal it and let things go back to where they were before Obama got involved.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              I see no one has responded to your question. It is the very question I have. Let this thing collapse under its own weight. It is close to doing so already. Maybe that is the Republican plan but I doubt they are smart enough to actually do it.

And agree, just repeal it and let things go back to where they were before Obama got involved.

Trump actually said they could just let it collapse on its own but it would hurt to many people and he didn't want to do that.

The other reason is when it collapsed the Republicans would take ownership of the collapse. The average voter isn't smart enough to know the difference IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

O-care is such a boondoggle, we just need to drag it out back and put two behind its ear. The problem with letting it collapse is, it is under Gubmint control until that happens AND after. The moderates or, worse yet, liberals will dictate the terms of its dissolution and most likely, its replacement. No replacement is necessary. If Medicaid is brought back to solvency (as described above), these things will balance out.

I look at it like having a loved one addicted to meth. They will bottom out but at what cost? Be responsible and intervene now before it's too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X