Deer at Matt Family Orchard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer at Matt Family Orchard?

I have read all the threads about the hogs at Matt Family Orchard but I am wondering about the deer hunting. Can someone give me some insight? Here is the deal I am looking for an inexpensive place for me to take my 12 year old son so that he can get a deer. Can anybody recommend any place? This is for next deer season.

Ttt

Comment

Has ANYBODY hunted deer here?

Comment

might have to wait until tomorrow to get an answer, but there is a gentleman who helped Matt set the stands up or hunts there regularly who can answer this for you. id like to know myself

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
          might have to wait until tomorrow to get an answer, but there is a gentleman who helped Matt set the stands up or hunts there regularly who can answer this for you. id like to know myself
          Cool. Thank you.

Comment

I hunt the Orchard a bit, actually took a spike a few weeks ago. They've been spotting a nice 7pt. from what Rick Matt tells me in the mornings around a stand he calls the "Loop". The Loop is a step up that has a 16' Tripod about 15 yards from the feeder. I have two feeders and stands set up out there as well. Last year I shot a small 4pt. and a big doe at the stand we call "Muzzy", this set up has a 15' ladder stand right next to a creek and a
            10' Tripod on the oppsite side. If you have anymore questions feel free and give me a call. Rick "Buzz" 281-460-9470.

Comment

I have hog hunted at Matts a couple of times. Both times I saw deer. Matt is a really nice guy and has a nice place to hunt. Good price, nice stands, CLOSE TO HOME! (15 minutes from my house!)

Comment

how many acres is the area that he allows to be hunted? how skittish are the hogs?

Comment

What is the address, website, phone number.

Comment

Matt Family Orchard has figs, pears, jujube, asian pear, blackberry, persimmon, a pumpkin patch, archery, bow hunting and more!

Comment

He owns about 90 acres, but it's low fence surrounded by about another 2000 acres of undeveloped land. The hogs aren't really pressured at all. For the most part I've had better luck in the evenings, however with this cooler weather the feeders are getting hit in the early to late mornings as well. A good stand for the morning hunt is the "Loop", for the evening hunt I would say the "Loop" and "Ultra" as well as "Martini" and "Muzzy". All the set up have Ultramatic Hog Lights as you can stay out late. Of course the big hogs are smart so I tend to play the wind. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Comment

Do you stay all night, or how long is the cycle for the day he lets you hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                          Do you stay all night, or how long is the cycle for the day he lets you hunt?
                          When you hunt at Matts, you have it for 24 hours. I like to hunt in the evening, go home after dark, get something to eat. Go out and hunt the lighted feeders in the dark, go home take a nap, then come back right before daylight. I have seen lots of hogs, just never got a shot. Some deer too.

Comment

Well....I'm in. I booked a hunt for Friday, Dec 12th. Want to get this done before the second duck opener that starts Saturday. If all works out I will book another hunt with my son during his school break. Went over all my stuff last night. Bow ready, Camera ready!

Comment

keep us updated how you did nad what you saw Time!

Comment

Working...
                              X