Gary
      Even store bought ones, huh? Lol
      Wife says I'd tear up a steel ball.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nah not you.[emoji38]

Gary

Comment

Osage Ronnie Osage. One inch limb for every inch of draw! 28+28+handle example.
          Arvin

Comment

I have a friend that finishes all his selfbows with Superglue. I don't know what technique he uses but it works well for him.

Comment

Bummer that it broke. As to finish, on all my selfbows I use deer tallow. Got to stay with the primitive part of a primitive bow!

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                Osage Ronnie Osage. One inch limb for every inch of draw! 28+28+handle example.
                Arvin
                I know you're right Arvin but that's not as easy as it sounds. Only Osage I can find is online and I ain't in to getting scammed with some junk if you know what I mean. I want to see it before I buy it and just can't make that happen for some reason. Wanted to go to Dfw last week but wife had to have surgery. Always something! Lol

Comment

i have to ask.....you are excercising these bows BEFORE pulling them to full draw right?

Comment

Ronnie call me . I can fix you up. Arvin

Comment

arvin you are a good guy...im all out or i would help him....was considering harvesting him one but the dry time would be there...you are good folks!!!

Comment

I have had the same problems Mr Ronnie. I can’t get one to stay together. My next attempt I will be sure to back it with something

Comment

SwampGhost, use a snake skin or two for the backing. Makes a pretty bad @** looking bow. I made an osage recurve a few years ago for my nephew with matching rattler skins. Looked awesome! Wish I had a pic of it to share...

I am finishing up an elm long bow and looking for a couple of fat copperheads for it if anyone comes across some this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                            I have had the same problems Mr Ronnie. I can’t get one to stay together. My next attempt I will be sure to back it with something
                            Yeah me too. I've got loads of Yaupon around the house here, gonna try that next. In fact I'm still bleeding from crawling thru it last nite looking for a pig I shot. Pretty sure you're on your way bear hunting as I write this so take care and GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                              I have a friend that finishes all his selfbows with Superglue. I don't know what technique he uses but it works well for him.
                              Thin super glue mixed with acetone will penetrate deep and the acetone will evaporate leaving the cyanoacrylate to harden. It's a process I used to do to harden balsa wood I used to build RC model airplanes to make certain parts stronger. It doesn't leave a nice finish like one would want on a bow but you could surely sand a cover it with tru oil or poly.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                Thin super glue mixed with acetone will penetrate deep and the acetone will evaporate leaving the cyanoacrylate to harden. It's a process I used to do to harden balsa wood I used to build RC model airplanes to make certain parts stronger. It doesn't leave a nice finish like one would want on a bow but you could surely sand a cover it with tru oil or poly.
                                Thanks Steve, I told Phillip I thought that would work good if I could get it to penetrate. Ill use acetone.

Comment

Working...
                                X