No announcement yet.

Coast Guard lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your just wanting something functional you can buy a cheap set on Amazon that runs off watch batteries. Think I paid $10 for mine and they've lasted a year so far rubber elastic band go around the bar. I bought them when mine went out as a backup for future and to use until I fixed mine. Now it's all I use and have never been hassled over them. The guide I've fished with uses them daily and hasn't gotten a ticket. Not as fancy but a cheap backup to have at the least.
    Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 03-01-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Just ran out and snapped a pic. These are nice extras to keep for when yours go out or use cheap to use regularly like I do. Mine are over a year old and still ticking

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
        Just ran out and snapped a pic. These are nice extras to keep for when yours go out or use cheap to use regularly like I do. Mine are over a year old and still ticking

do you have a link for them? Could not find them

Comment

I added the green/red LED strips in addition to my existing nav lights. They were about 3ft long and I wrapped them around the front so they are visible from the front & sides. I'm with snowflake, after nearly getting run over and nearly running over others, the more light that offsets shoreline lights the better!! I almost hit a guy last year with no anchor/nav lights on that was just sitting in the middle of the lake.

Comment

Dirty Mike I'm not sure if these are exactly them but they look like it

I just typed in boat navigation lights battery operated

Comment

The problem with these is it is confusing if you are coming at me or going away or from the side for that matter. That is why they are supposed to be the 112.5 degree lights. You should not be able to see them from behind and only one light from the side. You may not have been hassled about them but they are not safe.
              Last edited by bowaddict40; 03-07-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                The problem with these is it is confusing if you are coming at me or going away. That is why they are supposed to be the 112.5 degree lights. You should not be able to see them from behind. You may not have been hassled about them but they are not safe.

You're right and I haven't thought about this. These can be angled where the light shines forward/side by turning them and won't be seen from the back, can remove back light from it possibly?, or even just paint over the back one.
                Thanks

Comment

You're right and I haven't thought about this. These can be angled where the light shines forward/side by turning them and won't be seen from the back, can remove back light from it possibly?, or even just paint over the back one.
                  Thanks

You may put something on the inside of each light as well. That way people can tell if you are going right or left as well. Its a good cheap idea if angled correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    You may put something on the inside of each light as well. That way people can tell if you are going right or left as well. Its a good cheap idea if angled correctly.
                    Would be a simple fix. Thanks for the idea

Comment

Led CG legal

Amazon for like $20 and legal
                      Attached Files

Comment

Pilar. What are they called and trying to figure how they are Coast Guard legal. They don’t show them close enough to see the stamp

Comment

Working...
                        X