Where to look for new bow - Elite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to look for new bow - Elite?

I have been thinking of getting a new bow for about 4 months. For all practice purposes I am a newbie with only enough web knowledge to get myself in trouble.

Last time I researched here, Elite's (32, 35, and synergy) appeared to be fairly popular, and the newest bow on the block was the Mathew's no-cam. For no real reason, I was most interested in the Elite 32, but have not been able to find a LH one in a shop to try. My local shop is an Elite dealer (at least on the books), but they are not stocking the 32 (they had, but only rh) - focusing almost entirely on no-cams.

Anyone know any actual stocking Elite dealers in South/Central Texas. I am in Austin - but can drive some if necessary (picked up a bow for my stepson last weekend in Houston (the shop I wanted to buy from was closed, so just put the cruise control on and went to bass pro)- now my wife and stepdaughter are also interested...). Or am I just better off buying the only bow on the LBS's shelf.

Might be a little far but Archery Outfitters International in Corpus Christi is a Elite dealer.

Comment

Will add them to the list. My step-kids live in Flour Bluff, so we make it to Corpus occasionally. Thank you. Looks like they are very are just across the bridge from the Bluff.

Comment

C & S Archery in Conroe/Montgomery is a stocking Elite dealer just don't know if they stock lefties.

Comment

Good luck, I just ordered a synergy and can't wait for it to come in.

Comment

I have an elite synergy and its a very smooth draw, no vibration, holds very well on target and from what everyone I shoot with at 3d shoots say its very quiet. Im a lefty also and would let you shoot it this weekend but I will be in the field training for a week. Try Nocked n Loaded in Lampasas or Double G archery in Georgetown.

Comment

nocked n loaded in lampasas.aaron is good people and will go out of his way to help you get set up.(512)556-4700

Comment

I work at Archery Outfitters International. We carry the E35, E32, Synergy, and Victory in stock. Right not we are behind Roy's Bait and Tackle but this Friday and Saturday we are moving to Hamlin Shopping center. We only carry right handed bows but we have a very loyal customer that has a left handed 32 and 35 and he would probably let you shoot them so you can test drive them before you order one

Comment

I have a RH E32 and it is sweet to say the least, I just cam from Mathews I shot the Helim which was a great bow and Mathews is a very good bow. After shooting my E32 I am sold shoots much better IMHO. Not saying anything bad about Mathews shot them for 8-9 years without any issues.

Comment

My neighbor just bought an Elite 35 and says it shoots very well. He bought it at Wheelers in Boerne. The only down side was it took over 4 months to get because they had to order it.

Comment

Thank you everyone that posted. I bailed. Got the bow at the closet shop. Probably not 100% the bow I wanted, but a Mathews HTR isn't chopped liver either. Now I need to start shooting.

Given that this was 2 bows inside a week - betting it will not be the last bow I ever purchase (got a starter bow for my stepson last weekend - wife and step-daughter want to play as well. Plus there are 3 younger kids that need to be encouraged in the right direction).

Comment

R&M firearms in El Campo is a elite dealer

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
                          C & S Archery in Conroe/Montgomery is a stocking Elite dealer just don't know if they stock lefties.
                          Got my lefty from there. They usually stock them.

Comment

Congratulations on the new bow. Sounds like your family has a lot of great times together to look forward to. Your own band of Indians so to speak. Good choice.

Comment

Alvarado Archery just south of Dallas/Fort Worth is an Elite dealer. They have some lefties in stock. i just bought a Synergy and love it so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X