No announcement yet.

North of Houston Trad Archers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody that wants to meet up at Buffalo I am game. Have a membership and can bring guests out there. Fun field archery course that is always there, or the 3D range for shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by chester12 View Post
      Anybody that wants to meet up at Buffalo I am game. Have a membership and can bring guests out there. Fun field archery course that is always there, or the 3D range for shoot.
      I thought about checking that place out. Now that my wife is showing interest, I thought it might be more fun for us to go out as a family and shoot rather than at an official shoot where there are alot of others watching and there is time pressure.

Comment

Still planning on making the MCAD shoot. Assuming my youngest keeps his behavior on track, he'll be joining me. Will have to boogie after the shoot, but would be cool to meet some other fellow TBH trad shooters.

Comment

Will be at the lake, might shoot a few fish, but no targets this holiday weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            I thought about checking that place out. Now that my wife is showing interest, I thought it might be more fun for us to go out as a family and shoot rather than at an official shoot where there are alot of others watching and there is time pressure.
            I might try to make it up there this weekend either Sunday or Monday. You are welcome to join me and see what it looks like. If you decided to join, the cost goes down some after July 1st (I think) and that is good though Dec 31.

Comment

If any of you made it out to the MCAD shoot, sorry I missed you. Didn't see but one other trad shooter. My 8 year old did awesome, had a great time and shot a 143. I improved from my first 3D score of 145 and shot a 209.

Comment

Someday I'll make it to one of these MCAC shoots just for the heck of it, more so if others of us are there. Spent all morning spreading fertilizer and seed over a couple of cow pastures.... I would have rather been at the shoot. Story of my life lately.... Farm life = little time for archery.

Comment

If any of you made it out to the MCAD shoot, sorry I missed you. Didn't see but one other trad shooter. My 8 year old did awesome, had a great time and shot a 143. I improved from my first 3D score of 145 and shot a 209.
                  Excellent! Glad yall had a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by moreammo View Post
                    Excellent! Glad yall had a good time!
                    X2!!!

Comment

The targets are a little longer there, a 209 is a good score....congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                        The targets are a little longer there, a 209 is a good score....congrats.
                        Yeah, it's funny you say that. I don't use a range finder or binos at these things so I didn't have any idea of the distance. When my group (a co-worker and his son that I invited who was shooting 3D for the first time) started, we started at like #3 or something. Well that yellow stake had to have been all of the 25 yards I guessed it to be. In the interest of time, I started from the green stake that looked more like 15. I ended up shooting from the green stake for at least another 10 or so targets. In some cases, they were the same as the yellows. After a while, I started shooting from the yellows.

We were just having fun and scored it a FUN round. In fact there were some shots that I thought would be more fun if there was an obstruction in the shooting lane (kind of like Bastrop) so I would intentionally kneel or stretch out so that I had to shoot between two skinny trees.

So, I'd say 50% of the time, I shot from the green stake. Although I did take some 25 yard shots. I completely missed the large deer target on the last station.

We did have a great time and will be back. My son told me that he really needed to practice more, so it was a good day

Maybe next time I'll shoot just from the yellow stake.
                        Last edited by SwampRabbit; 05-27-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X