Need help Freezer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help Freezer Question

I have a Whirlpool upright Freezer that we have had for a long time.....

Question: When we would close the door it use to make like a vacmm seal
    noise.

And now it makes no noise and ice will build up around the door and yes we make sure the door it closed...... HELP PLEASE........

Cheap and easy? Get a jar of vaseline and lightly coat the gasket all the way around. Harder and more expensive? Get a new gasket.

Comment

It is drawing ambient air around the seal and that is what is causing the frost etc. Get a new seal or try the vaseline trick as posted above.

Comment

We had one like this and we went and bought a latch. It would pull the door and compress the gasket. No more leaking air or buildup.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
          cheap and easy? Get a jar of vaseline and lightly coat the gasket all the way around. Harder and more expensive? Get a new gasket.
          ^^^this^^^^

Comment

May have to replace seal

Comment

Sometimes, just cleaning the seal real good and the area it seals too real good will do it. Then as mentioned already Vaseline it lightly!

Comment

Try using a hair dryer to get the existing seal to work. Heat the area that is not sealing to see if the seal will expand to close the gap. I replaced the seal on mine not too long ago. About kicked my ***** to get it done right. The doors are pretty flimsy and warp easily causing them to not seal.

Comment

Go to sams club. I just bought a 5 cubic foot deep freezer for $159. GE , pretty good freezer bud. Rhett got a 7 cubic for for $194 also

Comment

Thanks for all the info ill try the lightly coating vaseline on seal tip first......

Comment

I had a similar problem with mine. The door will not seal properly if the freezer is not level. I readjusted the leveling screws on the base and the problem went away.

Comment

Working...
                      X