No announcement yet.

DIY draw board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading some of the post on the draw board. Rocky there is no way you can tune a bow to its peak ability with out a draw board. If you are talking about setting the sync of the cams and cam lean, I'll agree but you cannot time cams and this is single or dual cams with out a draw board
    The draw of a bow can be measured with a draw board and is very accurate. And that measurement is the amo measurement. Once you put it in someone's hand that will change by how they hold the bow and how hard they pull or not pull into the wall that is why you should always fit the bow to the person.
    I'm not saying that a person cannot set up a bow and the bow shoot very well with out a draw board. But you cannot get the most out of a bow with out a draw board. All great pro shops will have one

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
      I've been reading some of the post on the draw board. Rocky there is no way you can tune a bow to its peak ability with out a draw board. If you are talking about setting the sync of the cams and cam lean, I'll agree but you cannot time cams and this is single or dual cams with out a draw board
      The draw of a bow can be measured with a draw board and is very accurate. And that measurement is the amo measurement. Once you put it in someone's hand that will change by how they hold the bow and how hard they pull or not pull into the wall that is why you should always fit the bow to the person.
      I'm not saying that a person cannot set up a bow and the bow shoot very well with out a draw board. But you cannot get the most out of a bow with out a draw board. All great pro shops will have one
      Ya think?

Comment

yeah rock, what kinda shop you runnin? every shop needs a 2X6 with a boat winch on it. you aint puttin my bow on that thing! lol

Comment

It's always funny how people look at things ,and yes I think so. Unless you can draw a bow with a scale and plot a draw curve so you can manipulate the cams to put them in the most optimum degree of angle you cannot get the peak performance from a bow. Easton's pro kit is probably the closest you can get with out the draw board. And no I would not have a 2x6 board in a shop either if a customer could see it. There are more professional ways.

Rocky if you have way to set draw curve with out a board then I'm more then willing to learn another method. There is always room for learning

Comment

It's always funny how people look at things ,and yes I think so. Unless you can draw a bow with a scale and plot a draw curve so you can manipulate the cams to put them in the most optimum degree of angle you cannot get the peak performance from a bow. Easton's pro kit is probably the closest you can get with out the draw board. And no I would not have a 2x6 board in a shop either if a customer could see it. There are more professional ways.

Rocky if you have way to set draw curve with out a board then I'm more then willing to learn another method. There is always room for learning
            Gosh, you know alot about this.

Comment

No sir not a lot but I do,do lots of research and I do test theory's. now is it worth all the trouble, that totally depends most and do mean most archers do not worry about this. But I like to tinker and if I can get another 8 fps out of my bow why not. For a 30 in draw person who cares but thanks to my mom and dad I only have a 26.5 in draw. I don't worry about speed as to trying to shoot a 300 fps bow I'm trying to shoot a 875 gn arrow at 210 fps

Comment

No sir not a lot but I do,do lots of research and I do test theory's. now is it worth all the trouble, that totally depends most and do mean most archers do not worry about this. But I like to tinker and if I can get another 8 fps out of my bow why not. For a 30 in draw person who cares but thanks to my mom and dad I only have a 26.5 in draw. I don't worry about speed as to trying to shoot a 300 fps bow I'm trying to shoot a 875 gn arrow at 210 fps
                I kinda thought so.

Comment

I'm guessing I hit a nerve. I'm not saying your not a great tuner, but I have been in a lot of bow shops over the years, and most do not know the difference from syncing cams and timing. Most have not even heard of a draw board, but yet there charging customers $100 for tuning there bows

If I have offended you imam sorry , but you are the one that came on here making the statements you did and I just responded.

God Bless

Comment

I wonder if the bow manufacturers have thought about this?

Comment

Rocky, sure is funny how we tuned bows and timed two cam systems well before anyone came out with a Hooter Shooter or draw board. Guess we did not shoot as good as we thought, did not tune bows right, and I really do not see how we got all those BH's to fly well.

Think of it this way, a draw board puts pressure on the grip right at the throat of the grip. Someone that shoots a low wrist, like me, puts more pressure towards the bottom of the grip of which a draw board cannot copy. Explain that difference to me.

Comment

Rocky...

I'll just shake my head....

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Rocky, sure is funny how we tuned bows and timed two cam systems well before anyone came out with a Hooter Shooter or draw board. Guess we did not shoot as good as we thought, did not tune bows right, and I really do not see how we got all those BH's to fly well.

Think of it this way, a draw board puts pressure on the grip right at the throat of the grip. Someone that shoots a low wrist, like me, puts more pressure towards the bottom of the grip of which a draw board cannot copy. Explain that difference to me.
                          Does that give you an extra 1/2" of dl?

Our community has evolved for the better since then mudslinger. Some use it some don't.

I think the ones that dont might be lagging in the tuning department

Comment

No extra draw length, just more pressure on the lower grip than in the throat. Just because you do not have a draw board does not mean you cannot tune a bow as well as someone that does. We were shooting over 300 fps before some of these guys were born and we hunted with that setup so we had to know how to tune and get the BH's to shoot with our FP's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                              Does that give you an extra 1/2" of dl?

Our community has evolved for the better since then mudslinger. Some use it some don't.

I think the ones that dont might be lagging in the tuning department
                              Mud, I guess that it's time to admit that we have never shot a straight arrow.
                              Bummer, Dude.

Comment

I hear ya.....not going to argue that point. You can tune a bow without a drawboard....sure.

I don't shoot low wrist so I guess I don't have your problem.

Jerry at RBO tuned an invasion for me with a hooter shooter through paper.....the n he adjusted it for my form flaws by yoke tuning it. Then we fine tuned with broadheads. That thing was a tack driver and he most certainly uses up to date equipment

Comment

Working...
                                X