• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
    Omniscience isn’t possible for man.
    The NSA was trying pretty hard to make it possible

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Have you ever seen a baby born? I have twice.. That's a miracle.
      That's all I have to see to know there is a GOD..
      If you haven't you should try it..

As far as seeing electron, protons, neutrons, light waves, Gravity, WIND(LOL), my brain(LOL again)and all the other silly things you fellas have thrown at me, obviously they do exist but in the end I really could careless..
      Obviously, much like those who crucified Galileo. Thankfully, there were people who did care, that the earth wasn't the center of the universe, that comets weren't celestial beings, etc... They quested for knowledge, the truth, the why, and how. We live in a astonishing world, that has been built by science. We can repair bad eyes with lasers, put in artificial hearts, talk to people across the world at the speed of light, use algorithms to put satellites in space, and on and on, but I won't bore you, because you don't care.
      We should all just blindly believe, quit looking for answers, and just wait to die, so we can go to heaven?
      The church has always rejected science, and always will, period. Doesn't fit in well with their storyline, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Lmao!! Me too brotha me too!
        Now here you go!!!

Your supposed to have my 6...

Comment

I'm sure he went with a BIG BANG!

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
            I’m positive I would enjoy having a beer with you. I’m just not ready to go out on that limb. It requires the assumption that man has the capacity to be omniscient. I’m not that smart and have seen too many flaws in the human condition to surrender my doubts. I have personally experienced enough wonders in my life to leave room for faith.
            Brother, I've experienced a lot myself. Grew up in church, spent my whole life in church school, etc, etc... Read the bible through 8 times by the time I graduated, spent a 100 hrs at the alter praying, camp meeting, missionary convention, revival, you name it. My entire life, I could never wrap my head around the fact that there was actually a man upstairs. Never understood what other people were talking about etc... Watched people cry, run the aisles and shout, everyone talking about how the spirit of God was really there that night, etc... In my whole life, since as far as I can remember, I've never once felt, seen, or heard anything, I thought was more than could be credited to plain ole human nature. It has never made any sense to me.
            Think of a universe as grand as ours, the scale of it, what it's capable of, and the type of being it would take to create it (God). Immeasurable, absolutely unbelievable knowledge, and power. The fact that I could do something to slight this being, or sin against him, doesn't compute in my head. We are the equivalent of an ant farm in a kids window, except we would be millions of times dumber than the ants, and the kid would be Einstein

Comment

[QUOTE=MadHatter;13255004]Obviously, much like those who crucified Galileo. Thankfully, there were people who did care, that the earth wasn't the center of the universe, that comets weren't celestial beings, etc... They quested for knowledge, the truth, the why, and how. We live in a astonishing world, that has been built by science. We can repair bad eyes with lasers, put in artificial hearts, talk to people across the world at the speed of light, use algorithms to put satellites in space, and on and on, but I won't bore you, because you don't care.
              We should all just blindly believe, quit looking for answers, and just wait to die, so we can go to heaven?
              The church has always rejected science, and always will, period. Doesn't fit in well with their storyline,

There is a LOT of evidence that " science " is not all it's cracked up to be. Lots of evidence that humans ( or someone ) was much more intelligent 50 thousand years ago than the science wants us to believe.
              Hawking was brilliant but he could not hold a candle to past intellectuals. Now this thread got off on a bad path, by "Christian "
              But don't hold all believers accountable for a few

Comment

Have you ever seen a baby born? I have twice.. That's a miracle.
                That's all I have to see to know there is a GOD..
                If you haven't you should try it..

Is a miscarriage or a stillborn infant a miracle? What about IVF?

Hawking fathered multiple children. Apparently he wasn’t equally convinced of its miraculousness.

Comment

Now here you go!!!

Your supposed to have my 6...
                  I've got better things to do than argue the existence of God, or what a wack job in a wheel chair thought... you know my stance on God already brother...

Comment

RIP Stephen Hawking

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    There is a LOT of evidence that " science " is not all it's cracked up to be. Lots of evidence that humans ( or someone ) was much more intelligent 50 thousand years ago than the science wants us to believe.

Hawking was brilliant but he could not hold a candle to past intellectuals. Now this thread got off on a bad path, by "Christian "

But don't hold all believers accountable for a few

3 generalized and unevidenced claims in one post. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      I've got better things to do than argue the existence of God, or what a wack job in a wheel chair thought... you know my stance on God already brother...
                      I know that's right.. I got a little caught up in it myself.. It was fun I guess..
                      I was trying to mount a giant deer and type at the same time.. Now I have a hole in my finger and glue on my dang phone. Time for bed.
                      Got to get up at 4 to go to work..
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 03-16-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        Brother, I've experienced a lot myself. Grew up in church, spent my whole life in church school, etc, etc... Read the bible through 8 times by the time I graduated, spent a 100 hrs at the alter praying, camp meeting, missionary convention, revival, you name it. My entire life, I could never wrap my head around the fact that there was actually a man upstairs. Never understood what other people were talking about etc... Watched people cry, run the aisles and shout, everyone talking about how the spirit of God was really there that night, etc... In my whole life, since as far as I can remember, I've never once felt, seen, or heard anything, I thought was more than could be credited to plain ole human nature. It has never made any sense to me.
                        Think of a universe as grand as ours, the scale of it, what it's capable of, and the type of being it would take to create it (God). Immeasurable, absolutely unbelievable knowledge, and power. The fact that I could do something to slight this being, or sin against him, doesn't compute in my head. We are the equivalent of an ant farm in a kids window, except we would be millions of times dumber than the ants, and the kid would be Einstein
                        this makes total sense to me, as to why people dont believe. its not easy to believe a book full of accounts about burning bushes, floating ax heads, dudes thrown into furnaces and living. then a follow up book about men walking on water, dead being raised, and virgin birth.

yet, after witnessing an obvious battle between good and evil, that plays out all around us, it becomes much easier to understand we are small pawns in comparison to this supernatural war between heavenly hosts.

we can list all the craziest conspiracy theories that weve all ever heard, and it is my burning conviction, that the full truth would pale those conspiracies in terms of unbelievable wildness.

hawking dawkins, those guys are selling what is "logical" and plausible. that is satans finest work. once he can convince humanity that he doesnt exist, he is assured free reign to successfully kill steal and destroy, undetected. as a foe, satan is formidable.

Comment

Vermin, I take it back. I no longer want to have a beer with you. We have now escalated to a camp fire on a hill country bluff and a limitless pile of cedar stumps. A bottle Dalmor scotch is all that separates us.

It’s obvious you are a good man. Your questions are honest. I only “pray” that you keep your mind and heart open.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            So, it sounds like you don't like being called out and criticized in a very direct, tell-it-like-it is manner.

Jesus definitely advocated speaking and sharing the truth, but he never advocated doing it in a manner that was basically an attack on another person.

I've certainly done it both ways in my time as well, brother. I regret the times I've done it wrong. I try to do it right more often. I never get it right all the time either. Just keep trying.
                            i dont appreciate being called stupid shane. but even less do i like it being endorsed as perfect wording, right before being admonished by the same person, for what was just deemed as being right, true and proper.

curt and i are not on the same team. im relatively sure of that. he has challenged my claims of us being in the last days as well. i feel like you held his jacket while he turned me into a rock pile. the insults i will recover from, but the fact that you may back up another ashamed christian, against a true unashamed bold brother or sister in the future, is most alarming. there are a ton of warnings in the bible about this very thing.

the keep your light hidden under a bowl, institutionalized, 501c3 bunch has been as worthless as tits on a boar, in advancing the Kingdom inside of the usa, for decades now. dont worry, we will not push others farther into hell, if thats your concern. nor will anyone lose what they already have because of our methods. so, whats it gonna hurt? the 501c long term plan of letting millions slide into the abyss without protest?

if you believe the word, you will know these verses are going to happen. who are these "believers" that will turn on Gods people?

luke 6:22
                            john 16:2*
                            is 66:5

* speaks directly to "christians" turning on CHRISTians.

have you, fly, curt, "lolsmart" saltwater, ect, ever been "called out" for your faith? it seems Gods people will suffer persecution and more.

curt i understand because he never really needed Jesus in the first place. he is special just the way he is, but if youre a faulty broken man like me, and many others, you need HIM! getting the truth out in every way possible cant be a bad thing.

the lot of you have no biblical ground to stand on in opposition to that statement. but i know a few of us want to make sure we get it right, so i put my conviction here for review or critique. just dont call it "my opinion".

Comment

Wash the sand out of your *****. No one cares what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                                i mean "insults to him fall onto me"
                                Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                                i dont appreciate being called stupid

I think you have it mixed up in you head that “insults to you fall onto Him”

Comment

Working...
                                X