Recommended Spine Surgeon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for a spine/ back surgeon. I'm located in Temple and dont mind driving for the best one out there. Been dealing with bulging disc L2 and L3 from 2006. Its time to get this fixed and need some recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dr Stanley Jones gets my recommendation. Hes in Houston. Not saying hes the best, but he did a great job for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dr Friedman, Texas Brain and Spine in College Station is supposed to be really good but expect a wait.

Comment

I had back surgery in 2008. Find the absolute best surgeon you can. Money should not be part of the equation. I really have no complaints other than waiting 7 years to get it done. I ended up with nerve damage due to disc impinging on the nerve for so long and no fault of the surgeon. Find the best. Period.

Comment

Really, really check them out before committing. My wife had her 1st at the Temple S&W by a guy no longer there. I think he did more harm than good.

Dr. Hoover at the Health & Science Center (Brain & Spine) in Bryan is good and he did her 2nd surgery, but there was too much complication from the 1st and deterioration of bone, plus she still smokes, which makes things worse.

Comment

If your willing to drive to Dallas Dr. Shaad Bidiwala gets my vote. He did my wife’s surgery over 10 yrs and my spinal fusion 2 1/2 years ago. My surgery was on Thursday was home on Saturday and back to work the following Friday. (That is not the timeline he recommends but I felt s good) He is not quick to cut, wants you to try all options prior to surgery
            Last edited by perow; 12-15-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

My MRI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My recommendation would be going to the Texas Back Institute in DFW. My dad just had a procedure called the 360 where he was opened up and operated from the front and back. This surgery was his 5th back surgery and the 4th since 2008. His biggest regret is not going to the TBI in 2008 when he didnt go get a 2nd opinion from them. His doctor was Rajesh Arakal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I really appreciate everyone's recommendations. I will not go to S&W I can promise you that. To many friends and people I know have went in for something simple and came out alot worse then going in or not come out at all. I'll check out the place in Bryan. I have also been looking at Dr Dryer with Central Texas Spine Institute in Austin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dr. Jason Tinley is your man... dfwspinecenter.com

Works with Baylor in fort Worth

He removed the tumor from my spine, 6+ hour surgery. Then built a structure to hold it all together. Was warned I likey would never get full movement back. I'm at about 90% back now... Great guy with great staff
                    Last edited by catslayer; 12-15-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                      Dr Stanley Jones gets my recommendation. Hes in Houston. Not saying hes the best, but he did a great job for me.

I think he retired... He scopes one of my knee's

Comment

Don't listen to the Dr Death podcast. Or, maybe you should. It's an eye opener about a lunatic spine surgeon in Dallas from just a few years ago. It will dang sure make you do your homework before going under the knife

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post

I think he retired... He scopes one of my knee's

Oh maybe so. I know he had been doing it for quite awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                            My recommendation would be going to the Texas Back Institute in DFW. My dad just had a procedure called the 360 where he was opened up and operated from the front and back. This surgery was his 5th back surgery and the 4th since 2008. His biggest regret is not going to the TBI in 2008 when he didnt go get a 2nd opinion from them. His doctor was Rajesh Arakal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            Texas Back is as good as it get. Tiger Woods came from Fla to have his done there.

Comment

If coming to Houston, Dr Mark Prasarn or Dr Christov Meyer. Best of luck, back or neck pain is the worst.

Comment

Working...
                              X