Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engineer Graduate Looking For Work in Upstream Oil & Gas

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone on the green screen would have any leads for a potential job for a recently graduated engineer in upstream oil and gas? I had good grades in school (3.9 GPA), and one internship with an operator in East Texas doing reservoir and completions work. I have done a lot of economic modeling in PHDWin, I took half a dozen petroleum geology classes (some at the graduate level), I've read dozens of technical papers on completion design, field development, depostional systems, and drilling, and I have good recommendations from my previous and current employers.

I have a lot of experience outside of O&G, including robotics and manufacturing, but I have enjoyed my time working in oil and gas more than anything else I've done so far, so I'd like to get back into the game.

I can shoot my resume to anyone that is interested, and I'd be happy to answer any questions that anyone might have for me.

Originally posted by Lexington View Post
    Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone on the green screen would have any leads for a potential job for a recently graduated engineer in upstream oil and gas? I had good grades in school (3.9 GPA), and one internship with an operator in East Texas doing reservoir and completions work. I have done a lot of economic modeling in PHDWin, I took half a dozen petroleum geology classes (some at the graduate level), I've read dozens of technical papers on completion design, field development, depostional systems, and drilling, and I have good recommendations from my previous and current employers.

I have a lot of experience outside of O&G, including robotics and manufacturing, but I have enjoyed my time working in oil and gas more than anything else I've done so far, so I'd like to get back into the game.

I can shoot my resume to anyone that is interested, and I'd be happy to answer any questions that anyone might have for me.
    Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Where bouts did you graduate from?...My son is a senior in high school and wants to go into engineering.

Comment

My company makes cementing and frac pumps, we may be looking for someone in the near future. I can ask around anyway. What field is your degree in? Everyone in my group is a mechanical eng

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
          Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          Currently living in Austin, but I'd be willing to relocate just about anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            Where bouts did you graduate from?...My son is a senior in high school and wants to go into engineering.
            UT-Austin

Comment

What dicscipline?

Comment

Originally posted by tim21877 View Post
                My company makes cementing and frac pumps, we may be looking for someone in the near future. I can ask around anyway. What field is your degree in? Everyone in my group is a mechanical eng
                My degree is in mechanical engineering, but I took several petroleum engineering classes as well ( fracking, artificial lift, and log analysis). I'd appreciate any help you'd be willing to offer.

Comment

How are your SolidWorks modeling skills?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                    How are your SolidWorks modeling skills?
                    Pretty good. That's what we learned to use in school, and I still use solidworks several times a week.

Comment

We develop and test explosives, pyrotechnics, and ballistics for DoD.
                      Our team of experts combine energetic materials with mechanical design to develop technology concepts from prototype to production.

Currently looking for a mech engineer.

Email resume to 05svr650@gmail.com if you are intersted

Comment

Surprised someone has not snapped you up. You have excellent qualifications. I spent over 40 years in upstream o& g. I think what is working against you is the time of year. Not much hiring happens between now and the end of the year. Management is clearing their remaining vacation. After The new year the new budgets are in place and companies are ready to hire. Good luck to you. I thoroughly enjoyed my career in upstream.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                          Surprised someone has not snapped you up. You have excellent qualifications. I spent over 40 years in upstream o& g. I think what is working against you is the time of year. Not much hiring happens between now and the end of the year. Management is clearing their remaining vacation. After The new year the new budgets are in place and companies are ready to hire. Good luck to you. I thoroughly enjoyed my career in upstream.
                          Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I realized at the beginning of the month that finding a good job would difficult to do before the end of the year for the reason you stated, but I've still been fortunate to have a few interviews. What did you do throughout your career?

Comment

Comment

Man I would imagine you could get snatched up in Midland/Odessa in a heart beat. Just gotta live out there.There are several operators in Austin. Maybe give them a shout and see what happens

Comment

Working...
                              X