Stand comfort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand comfort

How long can you sit still in a stand (Not talking about a popup) but a tree stand...before your rear-end goes to sleep and your legs get numb? I weigh about 238, not fat, but not exactly skinny. I'm good for about 3 hours sitting still and trying not to move. I've tried the little bean bag chair looking cushions ( They might be warm, but not very comfortable) The foam pads are hard when it's cold...might as well be sitting on the metal seat. Standing up and streching will get you busted as fast as waveing a flag. Short of carrying a folding chair to the stand....know of any good foldable foam seats.

SNAKEHUNTER

I can actually stay much longer in a stand than a pop up. I hunt in pop ups but outside of actually seeing game the most exciting part is finally getting out of it. I feel like Im sitting in my living room but have to keep my mouth shut I'm not always comfortable in any stand but Im able to because Its the escape i wait for all week or year in the case of the off season.

Comment

Try a Millineum tree stand. Worth every penny. They are like sitting in a zero gravity chair.

Comment

tuned in. i only weigh 160 and have no butt, so my bones fall asleep and start achin. i got no answers but i sure would like to hear some too

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
          Try a Millineum tree stand. Worth every penny. They are like sitting in a zero gravity chair.
          Heard good things about them. I want to give them a try next time I buy a stand.

Comment

True story.....

Clay

Comment

In my summit...about three hours and stand up and stretch and have another sit...pretty comfortable.

Comment

I'm about to buy one of these. I have set on one and I liked it alot.

Comment

^^^^this - the most comfortable stand there is - I can sit all day

Comment

In order for me to stay in my stand all I day I had to upgrade my it. I put a foot rest and therma pad on the platform. Next I add extra padding in the seat. This helps on those long sits. Now I do stand up from time to time to stretch and look around.

I do not eat breakfast because what goes in must come out. I bring meal replacement bars in a zip lock bag and a couple bottles of water. I do rake all the leaves away from my tree so if I have to pee I just pee right from the stand. No messy bottle to deal with when I am done. It has never bothered the deer. Bring a book to read if you need to take your mind off the long site. With cell coverage getting better in my areas I just read the site or play some games. Try and do a live hunt and take lots of pictures from the stand.

Comment

2.5 hrs before i get restless...... im fat and i need more cusion on my tree stand.

Comment

I stand and stretch every hour regardless of how I'm feeling. Just not worth taking a chance on the hamstrings getting tight. I can't imagine what it would be like getting an attack of back spasms while trying to get down from the tree.
                        Comfort all depends on getting the the climber set just right.

Comment

like others have stated, i simply stand up about every half hour and glass around. keeps me occupied, interested, let's me stretch out and stay focused.

Comment

I have found a foot rest is the best way for me to stay comfy. It allows you to take the pressure off of you legs and the ability to re-position every once in awhile.

Comment

I'm in a tree right now in Illinois. Been putting in 13 hour days up here for the past 6 days.

Buy a Huntcomfort Fatboy seat cushion. It's made of gel and is the best on the market.

They are pricey at $70 but worth every penny.

Comment

Working...
                              X