Thermacell Let Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermacell Let Down

I read a ton of nothing but positive reviews about Thermacell keeping Mosquitos away. I finally decided to go purchase one last night. I am now in a tree at grapevine, and I am getting eaten up. I don't even know that I will be able to finish my hunt. This is nuts.

They work great, you must of gotten a lemon. Return it and get a new one.

Comment

They take a few min to start working. Where do you have it sitting?

Comment

Well I bought one last week and am very dissapointed as well

Comment

make sure the little blue flame is going. they don't always light on the first try.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
            make sure the little blue flame is going. they don't always light on the first try.
            Although you just made me feel like an idiot, I may owe you a beer. I could hear the gas blowing, so I figured it was on. Just hit the start button again, and it flashed a flame and is glowing a little now. I will give it some time, and see if that helps. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
              They take a few min to start working. Where do you have it sitting?
              It is attached to my climber, next to my right shoulder.

Comment

Place it just under your seat or at your feet, heat rises.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  Place it just under your seat or at your feet, heat rises.
                  This

Comment

I was gonna be a smart *** and say you had to turn it on. Lol!

So instead, I'll say, "you've got to turn it on".

Comment

Although you just made me feel like an idiot, I may owe you a beer. I could hear the gas blowing, so I figured it was on. Just hit the start button again, and it flashed a flame and is glowing a little now. I will give it some time, and see if that helps. Thanks
                      no problem! its a been there,done that kind of thing ! now get to killing!

Comment

Did it do the job for you?

I have used them in the river bottom where skeeters pick you up and fly off and never been bitten. I carry 2 in case 1 breaks.

Comment

I have one and it works well inthe boat but since I can smell it I figure the deer can smell it, so I never use it while hunting. I'm guessing since so many people use them on here that it's not a problem.

Comment

I use mine all season. Fishing, hunting, camping, whatever. If I am outdoors and the skeeter's may get me I have one on. They work great. Take a minute to get going, but once they are on, they work. If I do get buzzed, I know it is time ti change to butane!

Comment

Thank you TBH for saving my hunt. I am no longer having to swat Mosquitos the whole time.

Now if I can just get a public land monster to stroll by within 30 yards!

Comment

Working...
                              X