live from burnet treestand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

live from burnet treestand

Been in stand since 6:40. Nice light shower this morning around 7-730. Had a young spike in front of me for almost 20 min after the rain.

Was about to climb down and head home so I could make my 10am meeting but a skunk decided it wanted to lay down next to my ladder. Guess I'll stay in the stand longer and take my phone conf from here!

Anyone know how I can get it to leave without making it spray? What is their spray range? I'm 15 feet above it.

Pee on it, make him think its raining!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
      Pee on it, make him think its raining!! lol
      if he doesn't move soon I will. The wet shirt and cool wind isn't helping.

Comment

Where are you hunting Leland? If it's close, I can come run it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          That is a true friend

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
            That is a true friend
            Better friend than me, that's for sure

Comment

Shoot it...can't spray you when it's dead

Comment

Please video Bob running a skunk off. That is something I want to see!

Comment

Just go ahead and climb down. He'll leave. No worries. Trust me. Would I lie to you??

Comment

Originally posted by elkoholic View Post
                    Shoot it...can't spray you when it's dead
                    I beg to differ.....if you're down wind of that sucker when you shoot it you're gonna go to work smellin like a skunk.I say let it get out there a ways (downwind) and shoot it........forget about pickin up your arrow for a few days.Just leave it where its at and high tail it outta there.

Comment

County road 252 between Bertram and Burnet.

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
                      Please video Bob running a skunk off. That is something I want to see!
                      Yea I would love to see that too but not as close as I was to that skunk!

He moved on after about 20 min.

Comment

I hear if you grab it's tail like some do armadillos, it will not spray you.

If you try this please have video running.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                          County road 252 between Bertram and Burnet.

Yea I would love to see that too but not as close as I was to that skunk!

He moved on after about 20 min.
                          CR 252 borders my lease! How far from the shooting range are you? You going to be down there this weekend? Maybe we can meet up for lunch or something.

Comment

How's y'all's deer activity been? I'm out off 207 right now and it's been horrible

Comment

Originally posted by HuntSo.Tx View Post
                              How's y'all's deer activity been? I'm out off 207 right now and it's been horrible
                              Very slow in daylight. Have a few coming in around 1-3am during the full moon we had recently. Batteries died on my camera about that time.

That one young spike I saw today comes around often during the day. If he shows up when my son is with me, he's taking a dirt nap...

Comment

Working...
                              X