Chaparral 2018 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    They usually do that on the archery hunts too.
    You must be thinking of a different place.
    Last edited by Sideler; 12-15-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Anyone know the final kill count?

Comment

Originally posted by FF316 View Post
        Was there a lot of javelina seen? I got drawn for that hunt in feb. never been before and looking forward to it. Tips would be greatly appreciated.
        Not many tips to give, find a drainage, throw out corn you’ll see javis. They are all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
          You must be thinking of a different place.
          Yep, I wish. Def not on archery hunts. They have only been drawing a single card the last several yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by FF316 View Post
            Was there a lot of javelina seen? I got drawn for that hunt in feb. never been before and looking forward to it. Tips would be greatly appreciated.
            Corn as much road as you can and hunt all day. Blinds work great but they're not terribly spooky so don't be afraid to move around and check other spots.

They're fair weather critters and can be seen most any tims of the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for the tips

Comment

Hunted this last hunt and was in east turkey south of pave road on east side. I highly recommend this pasture. Only saw one doe but 26 different bucks. Did not hunt there stands had 2 seven foot tripods. One of the best public hunts I have ever hunted including the Hag 3 times. It’s a special place mid December. The wind on Thursday and Friday was brutal but that is the luck of the few.

Comment

Hunted north jay last week only saw 4 bucks and 0 does.

Comment

Did I miss the total harvest results?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blueduck View Post
                      Hunted this last hunt and was in east turkey south of pave road on east side. I highly recommend this pasture. Only saw one doe but 26 different bucks. Did not hunt there stands had 2 seven foot tripods. One of the best public hunts I have ever hunted including the Hag 3 times. It’s a special place mid December. The wind on Thursday and Friday was brutal but that is the luck of the few.
                      Thanks not sure when we get to pick my kids have permit numbers 164568 and 164569 when I called the girl on the phone was super nice but didn't know how it worked and said she would have someone call me back but that didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                        Did I miss the total harvest results?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                        I haven't seen anything on their facebook page, maybe tomorrow?

Comment

6 or 7 bucks nothing over 120's. A couple of does.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Hunted north jay last week only saw 4 bucks and 0 does.
                            I hunted the northeast corner of south jay and saw 4 bucks too total. I only had about 75 acres to hunt and not much sign in general. I found what I felt was mature buck sign and hunted it all 3.5 days despite not seeing a lot of movement. The last afternoon he finally showed up and he was an over the hill, typical 14 pt (small rack). The wind was still hopping and blowing trees in my face. A limb sideswiped my arrow on a 17 yd shot and my arrow hit him sideways and deflected into the air. No penetration, just some shaved off hair.

Comment

Thanks Chap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonder how many standby cards in the bucket for the GDE hunt... GBludau...there may have been 60 folks at the rifle drawing.

Comment

Working...
                                X