Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stihl is the deal

Comment

I have 3 of the older Stihls, 2 290 Farm Bosses and a 009 "mini saw" that you can run with one hand while hanging on with the other

Never had a lick of trouble out of them

Comment

I have both Stihl and Echo. The Echo is finicky and will start first or second pull for a while and then I try to use it the next day and it will not start no matter what I try. The automatic bar oiler on the Echo I have is much better than the Stihl IMO.

Comment

I got a stihl ms 186 with a 16 in bar. No issues with it. Starts easy and runs great. Light weight at 10lbs. Will not break the bank

Comment

Look what the pro arborists use. It will be just like the pro yard guys. Stihl or Echo. And it really matters when you get to the large ones. Best one I ever had was an older Stihl about the size of the farm boss stihl. That sucker would fell some trees. Somebody stole it from my mother after dad died. I have 2 small stihls, both easy to start of you keep good gas (no alcohol).

Comment

My stihl farm boss. Start it with 2-3 pulls couple time a year.

Comment

Stihl. Echo is a good saw but doesn’t hold up like the Stihl in my opinion.

Comment

I’ve had mine since early 2003 or 2004. Starts everytime. Never been in the shop.

Comment

Stihl my 25y old one still got it.. and gets it

Comment

Stihl

Comment

Stihl MS270

Comment

Thanks for all the input, it looks like Stihl or Echo overwhelmingly.
                          I have an Echo straight-shaft grass trimmer and its been trouble-free for several years now so I have no hesitation about the Echo, really. Only that Stihl
                          has a huge reputation in great chainsaws, sounds like some of the newer ones might be questionable though.
                          I'll probably stick with an Echo.

Comment

Stihl by far in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                              Poulan Wild Thing, believe it or not! The older John Deeres were good, too. I have a Husqvarna that's hard to start and the oil cap leaks.

Funny you say this. 15 years ago we got serious tree damage from a microburst so I bought an inexpensive wild thing thinking I would trash it during the clean up and then just throw it out. Wrong! That thing wouldn’t die and was by far the best saw I ever owned

Comment

I have a 20 year old Stihl and a Husky slightly newer, both are good saws. Right now though, I’m thoroughly impressed with the Green Works electric that I bought this past summer. No tools to adjust chain, just keep oil in the tank. Cuts like a gas saw, ten times quieter, battery lasts a good while and charges quickly. I also bought a pole saw that uses the same battery and it’s outstanding ! It really puts my Stihl pole saw to shame. Lighter, quieter, longer, and better cutting angle. I believe they are both 40 volt. For small work they are great !

Comment

Working...
                                X